Kickboxing equipment

My 12 year old had started kickboxing this last month and although its early days hes really enjoying it . Theirs a old heavy punch bag in the garden hes been hitting every night and ive bought the glove pads so hes smacking hell into my hands all the time . I want to get him a freestanding kickboxing bag like the ones in the gym hes been going to but the only ones i seem to find online have big heavy bases that you fill with sand or water and the ones in the gym seen to have a spongey bit on the bottom for low leg kicks . Anybody on here know what that type of bag would be ? Also are any of them any good outside in all weathers or do they do covers for them? I have zero knowledge in any if this stuff but im all for encouraging this type of thing for him

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly mate , I have a bag bracket , a Lonsdale bag that’s light enough to take off and take inside but it’s f***ing pink !!?? both like new , I moved over lockdown and I’m moving again in summ

The best gloves I’ve seen were made by wrapping rope around your hands, dipping the front of them in glue and then pressing them into broken glass 

I don’t want out for them like 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

My 12 year old had started kickboxing this last month and although its early days hes really enjoying it . Theirs a old heavy punch bag in the garden hes been hitting every night and ive bought the glove pads so hes smacking hell into my hands all the time . I want to get him a freestanding kickboxing bag like the ones in the gym hes been going to but the only ones i seem to find online have big heavy bases that you fill with sand or water and the ones in the gym seen to have a spongey bit on the bottom for low leg kicks . Anybody on here know what that type of bag would be ? Also are any of them any good outside in all weathers or do they do covers for them? I have zero knowledge in any if this stuff but im all for encouraging this type of thing for him

Where do you live ?? 

4 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Get a canvas and make it into a sack shape, fill with sand (weights on top to settle it down, obviously remove before training lol), duck tape into shape and add foam and more tape to keep it in place around the solid bottom (depending on his kick height). If you really want to be mental, tape bamboo sticks around instead of foam and make sure you put a lot of tape evenly around the edges ;)

When he kicks it, it will hurt mate but before you know it he’ll have shins like titanium ?

Never let him walk away without feeling like he did one more kick when he thought he couldn’t ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly mate , I have a bag bracket , a Lonsdale bag that’s light enough to take off and take inside but it’s f***ing pink !!??

both like new , I moved over lockdown and I’m moving again in summer so will need a new hone ASAP . 

I travel a 1 every weekend so if you want to meet and grab them you can . I’ll get some pics this weekend If you want them . 

the bag is for my my little girl who went all in but has decided she likes the gym and cheerleading better than combat sports 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly mate , I have a bag bracket , a Lonsdale bag that’s light enough to take off and take inside but it’s f***ing pink !!??

both like new , I moved over lockdown and I’m moving again in summer so will need a new hone ASAP . 

I travel a 1 every weekend so if you want to meet and grab them you can . I’ll get some pics this weekend If you want them . 

the bag is for my my little girl who went all in but has decided she likes the gym and cheerleading better than combat sports 

I don’t want out for them like 

• Like 5

Tapping with a Cricket or hockey ball is good to help your shins add bone as well, you can use a tool that’s a cricket ball mallet type and slowly and softly tap the shins to produce callousing. 

can’t believe I’ve said that in here , I’ll await nonsense from wilf about how he once Shinned a cricket ball hurled at him and it landed in France ?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Pink is the Thai boxers colour ;)

8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Tapping with a Cricket or hockey ball is good to help your shins add bone as well, you can use a tool that’s a cricket ball mallet type and slowly and softly tap the shins to produce callousing. 

can’t believe I’ve said that in here , I’ll await nonsense from wilf about how he once Shinned a cricket ball hurled at him and it landed in France ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I’ve had bamboo, broom handles and a random pool cue whacked on my shins mate…. Character building ???

Edited to add: wine bottles and coconuts hanging on string from a washing line is why my elbows have missing pieces ?

Edited by mushroom
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Blue for me as I’m a boy 

5191BD55-7524-4A27-929F-84ED86D41F20.jpeg

All my gear is safely stored back home in my mum’s loft, I’d be gutted to lose it. The blood, sweat and tears I spent in that gear, just makes it part of you ;)