Victor...1 Rat...0

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Yes,.. I've found that, same as in most forms of hunting,..it pays to be adaptable and versatile in your approach.. I feel that you have kinda got, to 'go with the flow'  and be prepared to use

co-op own brand crunchy peanut butter.Ive got roshield rat&mouse bait and roshield caramel attractant and the crunchy peanut butter over wins every time. Ive got roshield trap boxes as well b

Another 1 pregnant female in the victor 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

What did you catch it on?

co-op own brand crunchy peanut butter.Ive got roshield rat&mouse bait and roshield caramel attractant and the crunchy peanut butter over wins every time.

Ive got roshield trap boxes as well but find the victor trap is much better,mind you as you know rats are very cautious of any new item in their routes.

This particular trap has been in place for well over a week.

• Like 3

I find it pays to be open minded with the bait. Like you I find peanut butter works in the vast majority of cases but I've had a few of "the little buggers" who turned it down but came in for chocolate spread and one which refused both but was eventually caught with a crushed up fat ball as that's what it was pinching from the bird feeder.

• Like 2

? Yes,.. I've found that, same as in most forms of hunting,..it pays to be adaptable and versatile in your approach..

I feel that you have kinda got, to 'go with the flow'  and be prepared to use various ways and means to effect a victory..

As hunters, we are always learning,.. frequently from our mistakes, and this is the way it has always been...?

As for rats,.. well, some are childishly easy to take out, whilst other specimens seem to have an ultra, inborne spookiness, that needs to be taken into consideration.

Personally, I try to offer a bait that tempts them to act, out of character, and hopefully to take a risk.....? 

Most traps work well enough,.. but for cheapness, I do rate the good old Victor Break backs (incidentally,.. the breaking of backs, is a bit of a misnomer, as the ideal killing strike, is right across the skull). Obviously with all wooden based traps, they do need a bit of care and to be kept in good order. 

Similar to Hemp rabbit nets, ya got to look after them,...or they will rot.

Keep at the rats boys,...but always endeavour to keep it humane....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
37 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? Yes,.. I've found that, same as in most forms of hunting,..it pays to be adaptable and versatile in your approach..

I feel that you have kinda got, to 'go with the flow'  and be prepared to use various ways and means to effect a victory..

As hunters, we are always learning,.. frequently from our mistakes, and this is the way it has always been...?

As for rats,.. well, some are childishly easy to take out, whilst other specimens seem to have an ultra, inborne spookiness, that needs to be taken into consideration.

Personally, I try to offer a bait that tempts them to act, out of character, and hopefully to take a risk.....? 

Most traps work well enough,.. but for cheapness, I do rate the good old Victor Break backs (incidentally,.. the breaking of backs, is a bit of a misnomer, as the ideal killing strike, is right across the skull). Obviously with all wooden based traps, they do need a bit of care and to be kept in good order. 

Similar to Hemp rabbit nets, ya got to look after them,...or they will rot.

Keep at the rats boys,...but always endeavour to keep it humane....?

DSC_3510.JPG

_PHL9698.JPG

_PHL7136.JPG

_PHL7113.JPG

What did you use to modify that trap with the chinning bar?

i stopped using most plastic traps a long time ago as I don’t think anything performs as well as a victor or similar

old school 

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

• Like 1

Hi, the Chinning Bar is simply a piece of Fence Wire, pushed into a couple of holes to keep it in place.

I do believe there was an Article, on How to Modify the Victor Rat Trap, somewhere on this site ? 

Facts are, I was given my Victors (already Modified) by my dear old friend, from Mid Lothian...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...