Victor...1 Rat...0

1 minute ago, patterdale said:

@mackem Ive often wondered why the treadle/bait plate is different in the UK to USA?

I don't know mate, I never noticed to be honest, different manufacturers perhaps?The rats here are exactly the same as in UK so it's not species specific. 

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Yes,.. I've found that, same as in most forms of hunting,..it pays to be adaptable and versatile in your approach.. I feel that you have kinda got, to 'go with the flow'  and be prepared to use

co-op own brand crunchy peanut butter.Ive got roshield rat&mouse bait and roshield caramel attractant and the crunchy peanut butter over wins every time. Ive got roshield trap boxes as well b

Another 1 pregnant female in the victor 

Posted Images

On 21/03/2022 at 19:51, patterdale said:

What Kills Rats Instantly? Things You Need to Consider!

As you probably know,.. there is, at the moment, an absolute profusion of traditional style Break Back Rat Traps on offer.

The Pest Control industry are continually trying to find, the perfect Rat Trap?

Most of the items on offer are made from Plastic, and they all appear to work reasonably well...?

Personally,.. I rate the Victor Break Back Trap above most others...

Perhaps, to the modern pester, these genuine old style traps appear to be a wee bit old fashioned...

Whatever,...they are great wee tools,...and far more versatile than one might suspect...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3

Never used the Victor but do use the Nipper above any plastic trap. For bait I mainly use peanut butter, sometimes sprinkled with bird seed or a few grains, these stick to the peanut butter and the rat has to work a bit harder to get the bait so easily triggers the trap. Best bait is of course what they're feeding on , whether it's your bird/chicken food or fat balls from bird table.

If I have a tricky one I try the skins off smoked mackerel or the skin off the boiled bacon. The bacon skin I hang up out off their way for a few days then use it. Especially in cage traps

• Like 2
On 24/03/2022 at 20:06, mackem said:

Canadian Tire mate, sells everything from knives, boats and. 223 ammo to cake mixers, cookers, and clothing. 

That sounds like our Trago Mills stores here in the UK,difference being they dont sell firearms,only UK legal airguns/air pistols and airgun ammo etc...

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
On 24/03/2022 at 20:06, mackem said:

Canadian Tire mate, sells everything from knives, boats and. 223 ammo to cake mixers, cookers, and clothing. 

Love those Canadian tire 's i have a few of their vouchers some where

• Like 1

Not used the Pro Victors for years but I suspect I still have a few knocking about.

Been using the Romax, for what must be 15 or more years, these seem to be marketed under all sorts of names these days!

Anyway, what I find amazing is, the fundamental design of the rat/mouse breakback trap has not changed since it was invented about 125 years ago!!!!

Edited by Deker

There are so many rat and mouse trap inventions, that one guy bases a whole YouTube channel on them. Must be hundreds of different types of traps shown on his channel.

Over a hundred years of inventing ways to control them, and yet,  we never really got the better of these rodents.

• Like 1