Russia Ukraine WW3

41 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Why ain’t Britain taking action against his threats? Cos it’s all a bluff that’s why, imagine if any other country with nukes threatened to wipe is face of earth, we would all be getting hit with boots an combats in sharp order 

Nuclear escalation is standard for the Russians. Both sides know that so yeah it is seen as a bluff to a large extent.

But what exactly can you do in the face of a real threat? Things have been done that are similar in their goal to conscription, like Europeans increasing defence spending and NATO declaring increasing deployed forces from battlegroup to brigade strength with an increase in rapid reaction forces from 40k to 300k. I bet sub and intel activity has gone mental. But what beyond that is on the table and worthwhile?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Stand up, on the record an tell him to wind his neck in ? instead of hiding behind the ukraines passing them stones to fling at the bad man ?

And when he doesn't?

More effective to keep feeding Ukraine weapons and intelligence and listen to Russia ramp up the rhetoric in frustration, knowing that they don't have any more bottle to attack us directly than we do them. Meanwhile they are continually being degraded through our support of Ukraine.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

And when he doesn't?

More effective to keep feeding Ukraine weapons and intelligence and listen to Russia ramp up the rhetoric in frustration, knowing that they don't have any more bottle to attack us directly than we do them. Meanwhile they are continually being degraded through our support of Ukraine.

How about stop provoking Russia and doing things on his border that America wouldn't let Russia do in Mexico. The globalists and America have been fighting Russia for years....in Vietnam, Cuba, Africa, Afghanistan....now they are fighting them in Ukraine and the Ukrainian citizens, along with Russian civilians and conscript soldiers are the victims. 

There will be peace in Ukraine when the globalists deem it the right time. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

How about stop provoking Russia and doing things on his border that America wouldn't let Russia do in Mexico. The globalists and America have been fighting Russia for years....in Vietnam, Cuba, Africa, Afghanistan....now they are fighting them in Ukraine and the Ukrainian citizens, along with Russian civilians and conscript soldiers are the victims. 

There will be peace in Ukraine when the globalists deem it the right time. 

Yeah okay, that to.

I wasn’t justifying anything just explaining the rationale.

You crack on fighting the globalists. :victory:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First thought is that's big , originally neutral mediator , now trying to back off from Russia ... There's a lot of g7 bribery going on so expect a few more to change their tune shortly...

6 minutes ago, Borr said:

First thought is that's big , originally neutral mediator , now trying to back off from Russia ... There's a lot of g7 bribery going on so expect a few more to change their tune shortly...

I think turkeys cards are marked with how much damage their Bayraktars have done! :laugh:

There’ll be a ton of quiet diplomacy going on. Moving chess pieces. The Turks were booted out of the F35 programme because they bought Russian air defences and there’s been speculation that post Ukraine they will be brought back in after negotiations.

Edited by Born Hunter
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think turkeys cards are marked with how much damage their Bayraktars have done! :laugh:

There’ll be a ton of quiet diplomacy going on. Moving chess pieces. The Turks were booted out of the F35 programme because they bought Russian air defences and there’s been speculation that post Ukraine they will be brought back in after negotiations.

I support Rome regaining sovereignty of turkey....they're basically Arabs that snuck into Europe..maybe that's prejudiced but while we're at it...

Just now, Borr said:

I support Rome regaining sovereignty of turkey....they're basically Arabs that snuck into Europe..maybe that's prejudiced but while we're at it...

I wouldn't trust/depend on them. But they are a growing power and strategically positioned. They're one to watch with all of this stuff.

“This has been a crucial summit in that we are resolved not just to support Ukraine, but we have agreed a new strategic concept, we are moving beyond the doctrine of tripwire deterrence on NATO’s eastern flank to a new approach of defence deterrence by denial. And countries around the table are also recognising that they must spend more.

And in our case that means meeting, and being prepared to exceed, the target we set for ourselves a decade ago of everybody spending 2% of our GDP on defence, goals which were then set for a very different era. What we are saying is that we want Jens Stoltenberg, the General Secretary to start work on that new target now and he has agreed to do that.

We need to invest for the long term, in vital capabilities like future combat air, while simultaneously adapting to a more dangerous and competitive world. The logical conclusion of the investments we propose to embark, of these decisions, is 2.5% of GDP on Defence by the end of the decade.”

The PM at today's summit. I expect the books to be massaged more than tangible growth in mass.

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3