Russia Ukraine WW3

1 minute ago, WILF said:

And the end result is ?

A union. Mate it’s how they all work. It’s the number one reason I wanted us to leave.

The eu hasn’t economically weakened Ukraine to force them to join. In fact I’m pretty sure the eu wouldn’t accept them yet anyway? Russia however has surrounded Ukraine on three sides with an invasion force.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

Just now, Born Hunter said:

A union. Mate it’s how they all work. It’s the number one reason I wanted us to leave.

The eu hasn’t economically weakened Ukraine to force them to join. In fact I’m pretty sure the eu wouldn’t accept them yet anyway? Russia however has surrounded Ukraine on three sides with an invasion force.

Good conversation this mate ?

The EU don’t need to economically weaken most Eastern European country’s like it didn’t Ireland, a predator knows who it’s prey is and picks them accordingly……these country’s are poor to start with ! 

As for the EU no accepting them?….really ?…..when the EU has publicly stated it wants to push back against China so you think it won’t bin its own rules (like it has so many times before) in order to grab land as massive as the Ukraine?

I think you are giving them way too much respect there mate, I think they would do that in a heartbeat ! 

Russia has to do something, they don’t want the EU on their doorstep because they know ultimately the prize is Russia if you want to compete with China……Russia has always been the prize for power hungry dictators in Europe, there’s nothing new in this world mate.

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, WILF said:

Good conversation this mate ?

The EU don’t need to economically weaken most Eastern European country’s like it didn’t Ireland, a predator knows who it’s prey is and picks them accordingly……these country’s are poor to start with ! 

As for the EU no accepting them?….really ?…..when the EU has publicly stated it wants to push back against China so you think it won’t bin its own rules (like it has so many times before) in order to grab land as massive as the Ukraine?

I think you are giving them way too much respect there mate, I think they would do that in a heartbeat ! 

Russia has to do something, they don’t want the EU on their doorstep because they know ultimately the prize is Russia if you want to compete with China……Russia has always been the prize for power hungry dictators in Europe, there’s nothing new in this world mate.

Agreed.

Theses states might be weak but they do have a choice. And they weren’t weakened by the eu as a tactic for forcing membership. It’s not the same as facing an invasion force.

Officially Ukraine is preparing to apply for membership. That means they are working to achieve the standards the eu require for membership. The eu might well be determined to get Ukraine on board but so far they haven’t done anything special.

I’ve got to be honest, the eu wanting to unify with Russia is news to me. I think it’s news to Russia too? I think this is very much about Ukraine being a puppet state of Russia. Russia don’t want an independent Ukraine, even if they are not pro eu, they want a loyal proxy, like they have with Belarus.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

It’s like this mate, would you rather a load of Ukrainian’s die or a load of Englishmen because of the EU’s expansionist ambitions ?

f**k Ukraine and f**k the EU, it has absolutely nothing to do with “democracy and freedom” and everything to do with a land grab imho 

Russia has spent years on propaganda against EU, brexit was a major success for them. No country has joined EU against their will and its still countries who want to join.

10 minutes ago, KimE said:

Russia has spent years on propaganda against EU, brexit was a major success for them. No country has joined EU against their will and its still countries who want to join.

No, they just get forced to vote and vote again until the right answer is achieved mate…..

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Agreed.

Theses states might be weak but they do have a choice. And they weren’t weakened by the eu as a tactic for forcing membership. It’s not the same as facing an invasion force.

Officially Ukraine is preparing to apply for membership. That means they are working to achieve the standards the eu require for membership. The eu might well be determined to get Ukraine on board but so far they haven’t done anything special.

I’ve got to be honest, the eu wanting to unify with Russia is news to me. I think it’s news to Russia too? I think this is very much about Ukraine being a puppet state of Russia. Russia don’t want an independent Ukraine, even if they are not pro eu, they want a loyal proxy, like they have with Belarus.

Let’s just say Ukraine joins the EU and they do the normal and print a shit load of non existent cash, flood the country with it so all of a sudden it looks like paradise……and the Russians are looking over the fence and the destabilising rhetoric starts……all of a sudden the Russian people are saying “hold on, we want some of that good living”, then the disquiet begins, then the protests, then the riots, then the turmoil and when enough years pass and enough people die politicians greedy to sell out their own land for EU money get put in place in Russia and it joins the EU…….that mate, is the story of the EU so far.

We witnessed ourself how “common market” turned into “political Union”

My own personal opinion is that if anyone thinks they will stop at Ukraine then they are being a bit naive……Russia is the prize, Russia has always been the prize and Putin knows it.

• Like 4

For those who ask: “Why does Ukraine matter? “ 
This is why Ukraine matters.
It is the second largest country by area in Europe by area and has a population
of over 40 million - more than Poland.

Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an important agricultural country:

1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.

Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.

Ukraine is an important industrialised country:

1st in Europe in ammonia production;
Europe's 2nd’s and the world’s 4th largest natural gas pipeline system;
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).

Ukraine matters. That is why its independence is important to the rest of the world.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, paul sr said:

It is a pity the politicians and media aren't as concerned about the invasion that is taking place in the rest of Europe.  It is happening every day and has being happening for year's. 

All thouse brits invading France and Spain.

• Haha 2

How would America like it if Mexico wanted to make  alliance with Russia, China or Iran ? . The Americans were happy with boris yeltsin because he had a drink problem and did what they wanted. The Russians lost 26 million men during ww2 , now the eu and nato want to move in to their back yard .                               If you were to listen to putin speaking about social issues, like marriage, family, faith, etc . He sounds like a Conservative political in the west 50 years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3