So these are your heros testing their dogs ?

3 hours ago, WILF said:

I get you perfectly well mate, but I think what lads have to realise is (not just you) that all this “Leave only a bent blade of grass” shit was only relevant when there was still half a hope that we could get hunting back……now it’s never coming back, who gives a shit ? 

Everyone conducts themselves how they want, but lads conducting themselves well within the confines of the law or even just a little outside of it are never going to own stuff as good as lads absolutely smashing the granny out of it….they just won’t as a rule of thumb.

I know there are nice quiet lads who own very, very good stuff but that pool is naturally drying up……I don’t give a toss what anyone says, it’s a fact.

Like them or loath them, lads who are out zero fucks given will be the only blood left in not too long a span of time.

The other stuff won’t be getable ! 

I guess that one but is essentially what sets our mind sets apart -

Your thoughts are that now it’s illegal why give a shit and have any respect for anything at all, why have respect for the land, quarry. f**k it.

Me ? It would be nice if it was legal but it’s not and it’s not coming back. Mind plenty of wasn’t legal before the ban anyway. But that’s beside the point. I want to hunt and work my dogs as much as I can wirh the least hassle: I want to test my dogs. But I think you can do that while having some respect for the land and the quarry. I want to hit that ground a lot.

It’s a bit like saying just because digging is illegal,  all that matters is bodies on the bank abs f**k the rest. So it’s ok to Chuck a couple of dogs in at once, drop as many holes as you need and f**k off without back filling anything and with your quarry ragged about and just left by the dig. Would those lads be thought to have the best dogs ? Cos they are rascals ? 

I personally think you’re talking shite. Them lads out lamping like they were - I bet they’ve been in the game for f**k all tIme, and they won’t stick in it. They are a joke.

The lads who will be last man standing in this game will be those who crack on, get out and graft their dogs and focus on getting that dog proper runs where ever they can. Who’s main focus is working the dog and not being a moron. 

Somehow you’re equating acting like a total c**t to having good dogs and I don’t get that ? That’s horse shite of the highest order. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if it's the way you phrase it, or the way I read it, but you allways seem to equate lads on here who actually work their dogs, with the arseholes who you despise so much. Well, we ar

Fair play i definetly wasn’t expecting that. ?   it just saddens me to think that people would genuinely believe the way to get the most out of what little sport we have left is to have a total

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that o

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Your thoughts are that now it’s illegal why give a shit and have any respect for anything at all, why have respect for the land, quarry. f**k it.

Me ? It would be nice if it was legal but it’s not and it’s not coming back. Mind plenty of wasn’t legal before the ban anyway. But that’s beside the point. I want to hunt and work my dogs as much as I can wirh the least hassle: I want to test my dogs. But I think you can do that while having some respect for the land and the quarry. I want to hit that ground a lot.

It’s a bit like saying just because digging is illegal,  all that matters is bodies on the bank abs f**k the rest. So it’s ok to Chuck a couple of dogs in at once, drop as many holes as you need and f**k off without back filling anything and with your quarry ragged about and just left by the dig. Would those lads be thought to have the best dogs ? Cos they are rascals ? 

I personally think you’re talking shite. Them lads out lamping like they were - I bet they’ve been in the game for f**k all tIme, and they won’t stick in it. They are a joke.

The lads who will be last man standing in this game will be those who crack on, get out and graft their dogs and focus on getting that dog proper runs where ever they can. Who’s main focus is working the dog and not being a moron. 

Somehow you’re equating acting like a total c**t to having good dogs and I don’t get that ? That’s horse shite of the highest order. 

Think it shows that brains and being a landowner or farmer don't always go hand in hand?

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Nope, there’s hardly f**k all to run a dog at so there’s absolutely no point.

2 reasons, I prefer to look at stuff than kill it when there is so little of it.

You couldn’t make anything of a dog because there simply wouldn’t be enough graft.

Cant speak for all over Ireland but I’m in the west.

Edited to add: I kidded myself on for a bit because I couldn’t face upto not having dogs but then I had to give myself a shot of reality mate?

Fair enough mate. You got local gun pack.  coursing club or anything your involved in?

18 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

My thoughts are I don’t really bare a grudge against these lads because it’s costing us nothing in the grand scheme mate.

Id have the right f***ing zig if I had to go out and clear up my fence but that has f**k all to do with dogs.

And you can still work your dogs like that, what you can’t do is set the rules for others.

I don’t know if they have the best dogs and neither do you, their methods and how they go to work is no reflection on the dogs and you never know, they just may have the best dogs ? 

We don’t know how long they have been at it, we are just presuming because they don’t do it the way we like or approve of.

Who knows, he may have chucked his dog out at a rake of gear that night and it may have killed the lot….or it may have jacked ? I dunno, I know they were out though.

The lads who will be the last standing will be those who are the last willing to break the law, nothing more and nothing less…..that will be all sorts of characters or maybe it will be none ! 

No, I’m equating going out in any way you see fit and throwing your dog at as much as possible to see what it’s all about and shooting the shite and keeping the good with having good dogs.

I have seen plenty of so called “proper” dogmen laying off old Fido to a new home because he is “a good un” but “just not for my type of hunting” when really they should have took responsibility and stuck a bullet in its head to bury the blood line…..them lads are worse than matey driving through the fence to the dog job imho but hey, each to their own.

Edited by WILF
10 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Fair enough mate. You got local gun pack.  coursing club or anything your involved in?

Nope, I have not even taken my guns out of the cupboard for the last 18 months mate.

16 minutes ago, WILF said:

Nope, I have not even taken my guns out of the cupboard for the last 18 months mate.

Same as me completely jacked in game shooting now really. Only gun that’s been used recently is the .410. Mrs keeps on about cashing in the others but I just ignore that ?

29 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Reallity is when there isn't much local to go at, you jump in your car and go find it, haha just like over this side , truth is, your full of shit.

Yeah, probably ?

37 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Same as me completely jacked in game shooting now really. Only gun that’s been used recently is the .410. Mrs keeps on about cashing in the others but I just ignore that ?

There’s just not much gear about mate, no point in wiping it out.

All these jolly boys walking about like Elmer Fudd and thinking they have had a right  day when they bag one skinny pheasant…..wouldn’t think to put a few birds down and rear em.

Just keep chipping away at the wild ones, not for me mate…..I’d rather feed them and watch them.

Had a Hare running up my lane in front  of the car last night, stayed in front of me for a good half a mile doing a constant 30 plus mph, not seen many this year…..why would I kill that ? 

Nah mate, guns are there if I ever want them, you know the crack ?

• Like 1

Wilf ,use to think you were half decent, I now think you need an mri on your swede ,you ok ? Forgetting things ? Lashing out at Mrs and kids for no reason ??Leave your country cos of scum ,quickly eroding the good ethics of this once great country ,yet your supporting the degeneration of society ,hey ho ,you are a prick ! 

• Confused 1