Beef, grain fed vs grass fed

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to disagree a bit with a few of you that the main barrier is money.  We in the northwest have 2 large markets nearby, Bury and Bolton. If you go down there on a Saturday afternoon you c

Where I live we still have Three proper Butchers in the High Street which is handy for selling rabbits. Also a market on Fridays and Saturday which has a good stall selling Evergreen Farm Dexter or Ru

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Maize will pile the weight on em. And rolled barley 

Funny you should say that gypsy the mates dogs eats it in the field lol you want to see it out the other end,no difference,I know there no made to digest it tho.

Just now, Francie said:

Funny you should say that gypsy the mates dogs eats it in the field lol you want to see it out the other end,no difference,I know there no made to digest it tho.

That’s one of the reasons why you roll the barley and oats, helps it be digested. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Francie said:

It’s well crushed when harvested and cattle has four stomachs to help digestion lol 

12 minutes ago, Francie said:

Goodman wilf,what does the other farmers mostly feed?

They will be feeding a mixture of grazing, silage and a shit ton of cow crunch.

My postman’s cow crunch bill is around €1500 a month ! 

4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Out biggest problem is competing with the digesters! Just had probably 300-400 acres chopped here a week ago, into ag bags and waiting to go to the burner. 

We don’t grow any. All our cows are grass and cake only. But trying to rent land round here is ridiculous nearest ad plant 15 miles but they are swallowing the land up at around £300 a acre rent. No one can compete with that 

• Like 1