PC Wayne Couzens

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

No, but she should be able to gain a divorce on those grounds instead of sitting on someone else's disco stick. 

Oh I get it, so we just pick and choose the parts of the Bible that are convenient and which suits us? 

Sounds like a cop out to excuse us of our sins.

If we are going to go down that route then we might as well burn the bible and scrap marriage? 

i genuinely knew you were going use the phrase “to pick and choose “ 

As I said earlier , a hand rail suits me . 

marriage also has grounds in legal legislation as well as the bible so you can burn it all you want and the legality still exists . 

slow Saturday at work ? 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you imagine what that poor girls parents must be going through,...time and time again,..their minds must be in turmoil and probably will remain so, until they die. Personally,..I do not hold

? We are all individuals,...no set rules for everyman...? Last night could have been 'Red Panty Night',.. but after 47 years of marriage,. I chose to celebrate our anniversary at the Mowchat Tand

I heard the morhers and fathers statements read out on the radio earlier, I wish I hadn't listened tbh... heartbreaking, I could only (selfishly) think of my kids, what I would feel, the father said a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

i genuinely knew you were going use the phrase “to pick and choose “ 

As I said earlier , a hand rail suits me . 

marriage also has grounds in legal legislation as well as the bible so you can burn it all you want and the legality still exists . 

slow Saturday at work ? 

Same sex marriage now has legal grounds, does this make it right and just? 

Again you're failing to understand or accept that if we stand for nothing then we will fall for anything. 

I could ask you the same fella. ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Same sex marriage now has legal grounds, does this make it right and just? 

Again you're failing to understand or accept that if we stand for nothing then we will fall for anything. 

I could ask you the same fella. ?

Not really failing , just getting a direction as to where your goalposts are really . 

find it interesting you laud against wilf moving and yet here you are going all Samuel l Jackson mode . 

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not really failing , just getting a direction as to where your goalposts are really . 

find it interesting you laud against wilf moving and yet here you are going all Samuel l Jackson mode . 

I'm just pointing out that our goalposts, yours and mine included move all over the pitch as and when it suits. 

I don't see what WILF moving as anything to do with this, your good mate was agreeing with me on this matter yesterday. 

So in your view adultery shouldn't be a crime because you can't control and regulate people's thoughts and desires? 

Where does this end then? 

Maybe next theft shouldn't be a crime because we can't stop the thief from wanting to steal someone's bike. 

Yes it's true, people can't control feelings and desires but they can certainly control their actions! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

I see nobody has replied to this post. 

Best to stick ones head in the sand when faced with a teaser? 

How about you Francie lad, being a devout Christian what do you think would be a fitting punishment for adultery? 

Greb am a sinner just like the rest of us,in the o.t under the leviticus law it was punishable by death,but jesus brought the new covenant an no one is to be killed anymore.

But I think adultery is a serious thing,the carnage it causes to the husband or wife an then the children being involved,its one of the worst things you could do imo.

I think its cowardly an disgusting if it's the man or the woman,I think it says alot about a person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Francie said:

Greb am a sinner just like the rest of us,in the o.t under the leviticus law it was punishable by death,but jesus brought the new covenant an no one is to be killed anymore.

But I think adultery is a serious thing,the carnage it causes to the husband or wife an then the children being involved,its one of the worst things you could do imo.

I think its cowardly an disgusting if it's the man or the woman,I think it says alot about a person.

I mean how could you look your children in the eyes knowing you done it not just to your wife but them,not a good example for children imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Francie said:

And do you agree that adultery in most cases is more hurtful and destroying than theft? 

I mean where is the line drawn? 

Just because adultery is no longer a crime in the UK that doesn't mean it should no longer be a crime in other countries, you get what I'm saying? 

The same as rape and murder over here, just because these crimes no longer carry the death penalty that doesn't stop the majority of us on here saying they should. 

20 minutes ago, Francie said:

I mean how could you look your children in the eyes knowing you done it not just to your wife but them,not a good example for children imo

Adultery is the worst thing you can think of?? Fair play, I'm a contractor and tbh a lot of guys have fairly separate lives given the job, I've friends who have girlfriends, wife's may or may not know, kids are all grown up, they're still finding the wife's shopping.i don't think it's a bad thing, keeps a lot of marriages going. Not for me, admittedly but I haven't had any Victoria's secret models winking at me across the bar for a good few years lol...get a grip Francie. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Borr said:

If someone stole my car I wouldn't overly care, it's a pig. If they stole my dog I would do all in my capabilities to get it back. The law doesn't differentiate... 

What about my comparison with the theft of your bike and catching your wife who you love dearly getting her back doors smashed in? 

Why should only one be a criminal offence in your view? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

What about my comparison with the theft of your bike and catching your wife who you love dearly getting her back doors smashed in? 

Why should only one be a criminal offence in your view? 

Because we're grownups, if she wanted to get rooted by some young stud, then we'd probably have to reassess our future. I like the way you say catching like they're all at it behind closed doors ? . It kind of goes back to religion and managing the common folk.