Vitamins and supplements

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vitamin C with Zinc is best for boosting your immune system. In general I've found magnesium really helpful for generally having a bit more energy and sleeping better, which of course has a positive e

Well for joints a bit of cod liver oil, gets you omega 3 too. Hydration is often overlooked for immunity and joints ?

I think most of it is a load of bollocks, unless you're deficient of something you likely get enough in your diet. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think most of it is a load of bollocks, unless you're deficient of something you likely get enough in your diet. 

I agree a little bit. But I'm enjoying the new healthy lifestyle and the supplement plecebo is perhaps all part of the positive mental attitude 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Sort of agree with that, greb.  Unless people are eating absolutey 'empty calories', in all likelyhood, they'll be getting more or less all the vitamins and minerals they need from an averagely 'ok' diet.

• Like 1

I'm taking a single vitamin (Two huge capsules) and a herbal tablet Every Fukking Day, at the moment.

Know what? I absolutely Long for the day when I've finally used these fukking things up and won't have to scarf horse pills any more.

Bit mad, really, I s'pose. They're not a GP's prescription. Just a well enough recognised bit of self help. And I've stopped doing what I take them for.

Cost enough though. Sling them in the bin or use them up? Both cost me double figures. Glad when they're gone though.

5 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Sleep listen to me I'm 77 and by the time I've done what gretchen eunice cybil and Freda want me to do during the day come evening and I crawl to my pit on all fours   hello ? 

Come on....whats the secret to being a legendary shagger at 77? What pills you popping? What's been your diet/exercise routine over the past 60 years? 

• 3 months later...

How you getting on dido,iv been researching this for a while now.

The key electrolytes that our hearts need,very interesting.

Potassium is one of if not the most important electrolyte our hearts need,we need 3700mcg to 4700mcg just to flatline(excuse the pun)

It's hard to get that much from your food,but it can be done if you eat the right foods.

Sadly most of us will never hit the daily requirement of potassium,an it causing serious affects on the heart an rest of body.

25 minutes ago, Francie said:

Potassium is one of if not the most important electrolyte our hearts need,we need 3700mcg to 4700mcg just to flatline(excuse the pun)

It's hard to get that much from your food,but it can be done if you eat the right foods.

Sadly most of us will never hit the daily requirement of potassium,an it causing serious affects on the heart an rest of body.

keep thissen fit, a decent diet , everything in moderation, before i moved here, i used to bomb it upstairs and back several times a day, it worked fer me, but here theres no stairs , so i just use the lift ,    

25 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

keep thissen fit, a decent diet , everything in moderation, before i moved here, i used to bomb it upstairs and back several times a day, it worked fer me, but here theres no stairs , so i just use the lift ,    

? how many times do you go up and down in the lift a day to keep fit 

1 hour ago, Francie said:

I've concentrated more on my diet than anything else. I'm always trying to cut processesed food and sugar out. I'm eating loads of fruit and veg everyday. Blackberries, raspberries and blueberries for breakfast. Oily fish once a week. 

I do take a joint supplement as it can't do any harm, I'm spent my life fencing, walling, skinning frozen knackers, molecatching on my knees etc so I reckon I might as well take that. Also have a dissolvable multi vitamin but I doubt it's nessesary really so I don't go daft with it, just a couple times a week. 

Have green teas at night and a few pieces of dark chocolate. 

I find the morning joint supplement and healthy breakfast the key, if I do that I start off well for the day and keep it up. If I rush out without it I tend to think 'fck it I'll have a fried breakfast and start fresh tomorrow'. So it's definitely a plecebo effect but one that's proving to be positive. 

Dont you get potassium in bananas? 

• Like 3