Broken toe

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a long old season you don’t want to be wasting it in the sick bay getting out early in the season to keen ?

Ffs what's wrong with people on here, get off your high horses! Fcuk the vets a decent greyhound bone man knows more about running dog injuries than most hamster vets. If it's calloused it will heal b

Munch my stump.

1 hour ago, riverliver123 said:

What's the Best thing to do with a broken toe?? Front left leg, inside toe. Done because of a sharp turn at high speed. Obviously lots of rest needed but just wandered if anyone knew of any home remedies? Sick of massive vets bills. Thanks.

Mate take it to a vet get it a xray a good greyhound vet if u know any most will heal on there own in about 8 week you mite need it set some people put vet wrap round it helps keeps it in place But my advice take it a run down to your vet just be safe with it

• Like 1
3 hours ago, riverliver123 said:

What's the Best thing to do with a broken toe?? Front left leg, inside toe. Done because of a sharp turn at high speed. Obviously lots of rest needed but just wandered if anyone knew of any home remedies? Sick of massive vets bills. Thanks.

Arthritis can set in right quick some heal some don't, but I  usually have 2 have them amputated but then I'm well unlucky 

See a vet bruh

10 minutes ago, riverliver123 said:

He had a X ray not long ago. Turned out to be a sprain. Cost £1400. That's why I'm on here ? will look into PDSA. Thankyou.

Hang on.. So, you're on here because you knew the dog had a sprain and you wanted to know how to deal with a broken toe? 

Amazes me why folk leave a dog with wounds ,brakes etc and ask for advice on here [BANNED TEXT] going vets ,if your not able to fix it then go vets ,

It's about doing the right thing for the dog and vet the man to see then post on here .

I'm not saying rush down to vet for everything but brocken bones and certain wounds  isn't something to leave to get advice on a forum 

• Like 1

Most broken toes heal well enough themselves unless they are proper twisted ect. Give dog plenty rest more than anything, you will then see it starting to Callus up going hard round the break. Would only get it taken off if it doesn’t set properly and is effecting the dogs running. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, riverliver123 said:

He had a X ray not long ago. Turned out to be a sprain. Cost £1400. That's why I'm on here ? will look into PDSA. Thankyou.

Vet should of known that it probably was was a sprain. How can they charge like they do for 1 or 2 X rays.