Veiw from your office

8 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Its only taking rain water from 2 down pipes off the roof mate....you can put little rubber seals ,where the downpipe goes into the 90...I would only use a trap/back inlet gully for sink waste going into a foul line on new sites,where you have 2 separate lines,foul and rainwater..the clay is combined....so the 2 extra off the roof make sure...f**k all smelly hangs about brother😁👍

older have combined don’t they i was always taught anytime you tap into  the sewer it needs a trap mate 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

older have combined don’t they i was always taught anytime you tap into  the sewer it needs a trap mate 

So when the rubber seals are on the downpipes and 90's leading into the combined pipe...where does any smell or gasses travel? Up and out above the gutters🙄....works the same way as the soil stack thats 400 mm behind where I tapped in🙈..got a mate just like you...would argue the colour of shit🤣🤣🤣😁👍

• Haha 5
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

So when the rubber seals are on the downpipes and 90's leading into the combined pipe...where does any smell or gasses travel? Up and out above the gutters🙄....works the same way as the soil stack thats 400 mm behind where I tapped in🙈..got a mate just like you...would argue the colour of shit🤣🤣🤣😁👍

lol argue the colour a shit lol calm down now your never to old to learn mate lol 

your soil  stack is high that’s right takes smell etc away on a bungalow they use one way valves on the soil don’t they ? your toilet obviously is a trap at the back 

the soil stack is air tight aint it is a gutter pipe lol

sat all summer near an open sewer beautiful lol

and just to argue the colour a shite no one would tap in and put pipes on that angle either lol lol

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm with Mc H on this one, if you tapping into a sewer line it should have some type of gully pot in there. 

I'm sure you have concreted over the joint well enough as you know what your doing but I see jobs like that daily where rats dig or chew out as they have just dropped a new line or pipe into a foul line. So many builders messing with drains haven't a clue, they just cut a square hole and run a pipe into it, then cover with earth. Even covering with gravel or sand and cement often fails after 10 years of rats scratching at the joint. Obviously I'm not accusing you of doing half a job, I'm sure it had a good strong mix around that joint at least. I'd still rather see a proper gully pot go in

16 hours ago, kanny said:

A walnut end grain butchers block today and an encounter with a angry sander  😆 

20240315_094220.jpg

20240315_160424.jpg

20240315_085246.jpg

That walnut would make a fantastic kitchen worktop.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

What stop rats just popping out of there @Daniel cain ?

Screenshot_20240315-233932.png

open sewer in your garden dangerous fumes in there not to mention smell and rats 

always told trap and vent if there ain’t a vent in line plus it ain’t alway concrete up what you’ve put in you need it for blockages if you ain’t got any rodding eyes then leave a manhole cover 

when you tap in normally i’d make a circle hole by stihl sawing a load a slits then knock them out fit a collar so there’s no way out is protruding inside the existing because out is you’ll get blockages 

we’re you have circled and the other one just wants 2 pea traps setting in there 30 bar proper job 

dc i’m only a phone call away lol 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

open sewer in your garden dangerous fumes in there not to mention smell and rats 

always told trap and vent if there ain’t a vent in line plus it ain’t alway concrete up what you’ve put in you need it for blockages if you ain’t got any rodding eyes then leave a manhole cover 

when you tap in normally i’d make a circle hole by stihl sawing a load a slits then knock them out fit a collar so there’s no way out is protruding inside the existing because out is you’ll get blockages 

we’re you have circled and the other one just wants 2 pea traps setting in there 30 bar proper job 

dc i’m only a phone call away lol 

FFS I've a septic tank in my garden .

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Chid said:

FFS I've a septic tank in my garden .

? lol you have traps on that 

there’s something called sewer gas lol 

mental why your toilet has a water trap aint it when it don’t need one lol 

what do building regs says ??

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

? lol you have traps on that 

there’s something called sewer gas lol 

mental why your toilet has a water trap aint it when it don’t need one lol 

what do building regs says ??

Yea but I've a literal sewage pit with only a man hole cover covering it .. what's stopping sewer gas from that ?