Global Warming, Making Covid seem insignificant.

13 minutes ago, sandymere said:

but we have been there and done that, we had our industrial revolution and growth, we pumped our co2 into the atmosphere, so have we the right to criticise developing countries for following suit.

But its our children and grandchildren that will pay the price so isn't it better to lead by example, we are not as bad as many countries now but we can be better and in investing in alternative we give ourselves a chance to have a valuable technology to sell and thereby help other countries and of course ourselves.

Most people in this country can’t afford to lead by example as the government screw them for every penny in taxation as it is. I honestly think most people in the country actually do their bit for the better of the environment but when you’ve got a massive nation and super power like China ploughing on regardless we are just pissing in the wind. 

• Like 3

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoughts are they should change how they allow the big corporations they are in bed with to abuse the planet and stop asking us to pay for something they are not willing to change themselves.

He is down Waitrose buying vegan South African fair trade peace crisps and dropping some change in the water aid bucket whilst apologising to every wog he meets for having the cheek to be white in his

Just had a look and a Panamax container ship burns 63,000 GALLONS of fuel per day ! Maybe if governments are really serious they will start investing in their own countries and young people and m

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

High grade steel needs high grade coal.

The UK has that high grade coal in abundance, and the skills and infrastructure to manufacture high grade steel.

We close the steel works, close the pits and ship in inferior grade steel made with inferior grade coal from china.

Their mills and mines are more polluting and less safe than ours, plus the carbon footprint of the transporting of the steel means by closing our steel mills and coal mines, we are adding to the global problem, not solving it !

Go figure, as the yanks say. ?

Cheers.

100%. And not one of these 'experts' that @sandymeresays we must trust has pointed this out? Why?

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

I'm no expert but hear the calls of those that are and the research points to the idea of waiting for a magic bullet is not the answer. Unfortunately in truth there are few real attempts at altering our impact beyond window dressing, the government makes plenty of announcements and promises but does little in real terms. i.e they claim to be moving towards a reduction in fossil fuels then approve a new open cast mine etc. In reality to actually take major steps away from fossil fuels will cost a lot of money, just imagine the infrastructure reqd to put charging points for the whole county to allow those without off road parking to be able to charge a car. Its doable, using the street lights as an example, we can set up a national electric grid that would have a charging point a the great majority of road parking that charges for use, so would be self funding once in place, but it would cost billions to do but until it is done electric cars will only be available to those who have a driveway and even then thay are limited as to alternative away from home. With things that the government doesn't have to pay for they are a little more forward such as new builds having better insulation etc but even there they need to go further and start getting rid of the gas boilers and putting in ground source heat pumps, solar etc, investing in research and putting in a hydrogen network to replace natural gas and converting current boilers to hydrogen. These are just a couple of things that seem common sense to me but I'm sure those with more knowledge than I I'm sure have many other ways to reduce our carbon output and so our future impact on our children and grandchildren.But we need to accept the reality of the need to change before we can change, then we need to decide how we will pay for it, then we need to bit the bullet and put our hands in our pockets, or the pockets of a few billionaires.......

But these experts who you listen to aren't saying cut food miles or stop sending industry to India and China? Why? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

100%. And not one of these 'experts' that @sandymeresays we must trust has pointed this out? Why?

The "pussy" is a powerful beast, if you're not careful it can whip you into subservience!

Just look at Prince Harry; a mans man who is now a pussy whipped cretin.

Boris is the same. He's going to ruin us just to appease Carrie's eco insanity !

I voted Tory for a simple reason......Boris was the only politician that said he'd get Brexit done, and he did !

Hes now went just like Harry, but, frightenly, he , unlike the imbecile Harry, has the power to ruin us !

Cheers.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

The biggest polluter in the world... China.

What has their pollution got to do with us in the UK... nothing. 

Actually quite a lot since this is a GLOBAL problem. You can find pollution from sites across the world here in europe.

Carbon is the excuse in order to promulgate the whole ideology and sell it to us. Carbon is essential for life. Taxing a naturally occurring gas is beyond cult level stuff. We really have a high opinion of ourselves thinking we can destroy the world!lol

WTF did you smoke? and can I have some of it?

First what have taxes to do with it? Tax systems are more or less arbitrary around the world and were always more or less so. Last I checked food is taxed, too. Food seems pretty essential to me.

Carbon is normally not a gas. It is essential to life in the form of organic compounds, e.g. proteins, DNA and stuff not as coal, oil, or gas. What you are probably talking about is Carbon dioxide, which comes in the form of a gas at the temperatures and pressures you find mostly on earth.To a big extend it is solvated in our oceans, but that’s a different topic, and you can even have it in solid form as „dry ice“. Pretty remarkable right? I am going of tangent here so let me come back.
Common sense hopefully tells you everything is poisonous, the concentration is the key. This Paracelsus guy said something similar in the 15th century. 
At normal outdoor and indoor concentrations of 200 to maybe 800 ppm (that’s parts per million, that’s not a lot, ehh?) it is totally fine for us.
40k ppm (that’s 4%) and it is getting dangerous to life and double that to just 8% and you are probably going to meet your maker…

And we certainly do not have the power to destroy the world in the form of earth. Earth was and will be chugging along just fine without us. But we have certainly the capability to destroy or severely decimate mankind. If you are just concerned with the world (in the form of the rock we call earth) then sure, put the hands into your pockets and watch the show unfold.

But some of us have children and grand-children and would like to see them thrive.

Edited by MagyarAgar
21 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

Actually quite a lot since this is a GLOBAL problem. You can find pollution from sites across the world here in europe.

First what have taxes to do with it? Tax systems are more or less arbitrary around the world and were always more or less so. Last I checked food is taxed, too. Food seems pretty essential to me.

Carbon is normally not a gas. It is essential to life in the form of organic compounds, e.g. proteins, DNA and stuff not as coal, oil, or gas. What you are probably talking about is Carbon dioxide, which comes in the form of a gas at the temperatures and pressures you find mostly on earth.To a big extend it is solvated in our oceans, but that’s a different topic, and you can even have it in solid form as „dry ice“. Pretty remarkable right? I am going of tangent here so let me come back.
Common sense hopefully tells you everything is poisonous, the concentration is the key. This Paracelsus guy said something similar in the 15th century. 
At normal outdoor and indoor concentrations of 200 to maybe 800 ppm (that’s parts per million, that’s not a lot, ehh?) it is totally fine for us.
40k ppm (that’s 4%) and it is getting dangerous to life and double that to just 8% and you are probably going to meet your maker…

And we certainly do not have the power to destroy the world in the form of earth. Earth was and will be chugging along just fine without us. But we have certainly the capability to destroy or severely decimate mankind. If you are just concerned with the world (in the form of the rock we call earth) then sure, put the hands into your pockets and watch the show unfold.

But some of us have children and grand-children and would like to see them thrive.

They won’t thrive by picking and choosing the threats or handing politicians trillions more to f**k about with and piss up the wall.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The "pussy" is a powerful beast, if you're not careful it can whip you into subservience!

Just look at Prince Harry; a mans man who is now a pussy whipped cretin.

Boris is the same. He's going to ruin us just to appease Carrie's eco insanity !

I voted Tory for a simple reason......Boris was the only politician that said he'd get Brexit done, and he did !

Hes now went just like Harry, but, frightenly, he , unlike the imbecile Harry, has the power to ruin us !

Cheers.

Bloody norah charts I'm finding this topic quite interesting now parts of my anotomy that I haven't seen in yonks are coming back to life how do I get to become subserved  I thank you ? 

46 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Bloody norah charts I'm finding this topic quite interesting now parts of my anotomy that I haven't seen in yonks are coming back to life how do I get to become subserved  I thank you ? 

If I can enlighten and educate....then my work has not been in vain.

Namastay.

3 hours ago, MagyarAgar said:

Too much info and too suspect mate.

6 hours ago, sandymere said:

I'm no expert but hear the calls of those that are and the research points to the idea of waiting for a magic bullet is not the answer. Unfortunately in truth there are few real attempts at altering our impact beyond window dressing, the government makes plenty of announcements and promises but does little in real terms. i.e they claim to be moving towards a reduction in fossil fuels then approve a new open cast mine etc. In reality to actually take major steps away from fossil fuels will cost a lot of money, just imagine the infrastructure reqd to put charging points for the whole county to allow those without off road parking to be able to charge a car. Its doable, using the street lights as an example, we can set up a national electric grid that would have a charging point a the great majority of road parking that charges for use, so would be self funding once in place, but it would cost billions to do but until it is done electric cars will only be available to those who have a driveway and even then thay are limited as to alternative away from home. With things that the government doesn't have to pay for they are a little more forward such as new builds having better insulation etc but even there they need to go further and start getting rid of the gas boilers and putting in ground source heat pumps, solar etc, investing in research and putting in a hydrogen network to replace natural gas and converting current boilers to hydrogen. These are just a couple of things that seem common sense to me but I'm sure those with more knowledge than I I'm sure have many other ways to reduce our carbon output and so our future impact on our children and grandchildren.But we need to accept the reality of the need to change before we can change, then we need to decide how we will pay for it, then we need to bit the bullet and put our hands in our pockets, or the pockets of a few billionaires.......

Dust to dust electric cars are currently far worse than diesel or petrol. Not to sat they won't get better but at the moment they and their batteries, don't last long enough to justify their production.

• Like 2

I was in the tip this morning, it’s stacked to the rafters inside with rubbish.

I was talking to the bloke in there and asking him why is was so full and where’s it get taken.

He said some go’s to landfill via trucks, some then go’s via trucks to barges and is shipped to Europe where it is sorted again and then finally what’s left is shipped to……..China ! 

There’s where your green, recycling tax is going…….an incinerator in my yard would be better for the environment !

However, that’s been made illegal ! 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I was in the tip this morning, it’s stacked to the rafters inside with rubbish.

I was talking to the bloke in there and asking him why is was so full and where’s it get taken.

He said some go’s to landfill via trucks, some then go’s via trucks to barges and is shipped to Europe where it is sorted again and then finally what’s left is shipped to……..China ! 

There’s where your green, recycling tax is going…….an incinerator in my yard would be better for the environment !

However, that’s been made illegal ! 

.if the bloke down the tip said it goes to China, it must be true, after all he must have his finger on the global pulse to land such a high pressure gig ?????

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

.if the bloke down the tip said it goes to China, it must be true, after all he must have his finger on the global pulse to land such a high pressure gig ?????

Aye maybe mate, he owns the firm but I’m sure he won’t be getting a phone call about world Policy.

However, he probably knows more about waste streams than me and even I know a bit ?

Just now, WILF said:

Aye maybe mate, he owns the firm but I’m sure he won’t be getting a phone call about world Policy.

However, he probably knows more about waste streams than me and even I know a bit ?

Only pulling your pisser mate as non of it really matters and it will only stop when Mother Nature decides enough is enough and sends us a real virus or sends us back to basics ?

• Like 2