Global Warming, Making Covid seem insignificant.

8 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Is it me   or are the Covid denialists and the global warming denialist all the same??

I'm astounded by the humble THL having such an illustrious group of scientists with such an extraordinary breath of scientific knowledge spanning climate science to epidemiology ...........................................

Alas I can only base my opinion on expert knowledge, hence my linking to studies etc, i wish i to could become so expert to be able to see beyond what all the experts see...............

Nobody needs an extraordinary breath of scientific knowledge we just need to be able to google and read things just like you do ……..

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoughts are they should change how they allow the big corporations they are in bed with to abuse the planet and stop asking us to pay for something they are not willing to change themselves.

He is down Waitrose buying vegan South African fair trade peace crisps and dropping some change in the water aid bucket whilst apologising to every wog he meets for having the cheek to be white in his

Just had a look and a Panamax container ship burns 63,000 GALLONS of fuel per day ! Maybe if governments are really serious they will start investing in their own countries and young people and m

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, socks said:

Then of course there’s the media agenda. 
2E472960-B399-4142-8AA8-CAA4EA4F8835.png.223851940800c930554bf98aed4591ee.png

She has lots of media coverage and spoken to the US government but she is one against thousands of scientists, and as such is against he great consensus of scientific opinion. PS she agrees global warming is happening.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Edited by sandymere
5 minutes ago, socks said:

Nobody needs an extraordinary breath of scientific knowledge we just need to be able to google and read things just like you do ……..

But to disagree with the massive scientific consensual of expert opinion.........Google isn't research its playing, the scientists do the research and publish it so read the research that is easily available.

3 minutes ago, socks said:

I’ve never seen her interviewed on tv have you ? 

Shes well known in america believe but popular press etc isn't science or evidence its publicity, forget the publicity, go to the science.

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

But to disagree with the massive scientific consensual of expert opinion.........Google isn't research its playing, the scientists do the research and publish it so read the research that is easily available.

I’ll put this as simply as I can…..how will governments helping themselves to gargantuan amounts of ordinary citizens money solve the problem if they are not changing the policy’s that create the problem.

Try and answer for yourself if possible ?

18 minutes ago, socks said:

And I can find plenty of scientists that will say that the displacement of floating ice equals out by volume once it melts showing that it will not raise sea levels. 
Theres a simple experiment to prove this. Fill a glass with ice and top up with water. When the ice melts if your correct it should pour over the top of the glass ?

yes with fresh water but not salt water read the link in my reply, it explains it.

6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Science is split 50/50 on most things so you to who you believe or who the likes of google YouTube Twitter etc ALLOW on their forums. 

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ll put this as simply as I can…..how will governments helping themselves to gargantuan amounts of ordinary citizens money solve the problem if they are not changing the policy’s that create the problem.

Try and answer for yourself if possible ?

So there needs to be pressure to force change, people like Greta Thunberg or who ever may be annoying but by publicising the issues they bring pressure to bear. The science is pretty unequivocal, I'm not saying there is an easy answer, i'm saying there is a problem.

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

yes with fresh water but not salt water read the link in my reply, it explains it.

Edited as I hadn’t read it correctly. That is one man suggesting that theory. You are now going against what you preach about checking facts. 

6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

So there needs to be pressure to force change, people like Greta Thunberg or who ever may be annoying but by publicising the issues they bring pressure to bear. The science is pretty unequivocal, I'm not saying there is an easy answer, i'm saying there is a problem.

Of course there’s a fecking problem !!…..duhh!! Lol ? 

Every man and his dog can see how we are living ain’t right……but policy dictates how everyone has to live ! 

So again, how does stealing money from people help in any way ?

21 minutes ago, socks said:

The very first line of that says when Ice on land slides into water. I’ve already said that. Floating ice means icebergs sheet Ice shelf ice etc …….

But sea ice is floating and its fresh water, it doesn't matter if it was formed on land or at sea its still fresh water so as it melts it will increase sea levels, You state "the displacement of floating ice equals out by volume once it melts showing that it will not raise sea levels. " which is wrong as the sea is salt water as demonstrated in the link.

if you do find a "scientist" that "And I can find plenty of scientists that will say that the displacement of floating ice equals out by volume once it melts showing that it will not raise sea levels." I'd check their scientific credentials.?

Image of fresh water ice cube in salt water then when its melted note the rise.

water with ice cubewater after ice cube has melted

An as demonstrated with an iceberg.

image.jpeg.06ae0027d32f218997da7a3ea5d30d8b.jpeg

.?

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1