Global Warming, Making Covid seem insignificant.

8 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

Who knows it is a mystery…

I don’t know…but a robot from germany, would still be from germany, right? ?

This is getting inception like, you are unpacking one layer after the other, as fun as this is: what does it matter?

Unpacking layer after another? That's a bit melodramatic.

I asked if your from Germany...and you reply "it is a mystery." 

Do you not know yourself?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoughts are they should change how they allow the big corporations they are in bed with to abuse the planet and stop asking us to pay for something they are not willing to change themselves.

He is down Waitrose buying vegan South African fair trade peace crisps and dropping some change in the water aid bucket whilst apologising to every wog he meets for having the cheek to be white in his

Just had a look and a Panamax container ship burns 63,000 GALLONS of fuel per day ! Maybe if governments are really serious they will start investing in their own countries and young people and m

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a hungarian with better grammer and english than 90 percent of the english 

oww sandy lol

So........having an east European sight hound as your user name, and using punctuation to string sentences together makes you Sandy ? ?

I hope that doesn't include me ! Sandy and I are poles apart, politically, opposite ends of the spectrum, I'm somewhat to the right of Maggie Thatcher; Sandy's somewhat to the left of Jeremy Corbyn ! 

Reminds me of the great Kirk Douglas film "Spartacus"....

"I'm Sandymere" !

"No, I'm Sandymere" !

Your going to be famous , Neil mate ??

Cheers, (in fun).

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

I keep hearing this 1% figure. I do not know where it comes from, but does it only include your direct emissions?
Is it incorporating sending trash to overseas landfills where it pollutes the environment or is burned in the worst way possible?

Is it incorporating the world wide trade you are participating in and that is responsible for a lot of emissions? e.g. buying concrete that is produced overseas and so on and so on.

And even if this 1% figure is accounting for all of the emissions Britain is responsible for, than we as „western world“ should lead by example and stop pointing fingers at the people who are doing the same stuff we did ~100 years before them.

As I have said, the stuff you can do personally does not do a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Short of going into a political office or voting for the right people you as a person cannot do that much.

The 1 point something figure is the figure you will keep coming up with if you research it so it's all we have to go with. 

No it doesn't include all the emissions that we are responsible for around the globe.....thats the point we are trying to make you turnip. Our often repeated point is the changes we are asked to make and pay for in most cases simply increases emissions more abroad than what it reduces them here. Hence us calling them a con. We paid in council tax increases for recycling facilities, we have been recycling like mad while all the world powers who meet and slap each other on the backs knew it was all just being burnt on a beach abroad all along. 

We are being asked to change, we are being asked to pay......and it will make FCK all difference. 

And then you tell us that we can't point the finger at developing countries for doing the same. We are pointing a finger, we are filling their order books. 

Your entire argument is feel guilty, ride a bike, build on your environment to house migrants and shut up and do it. 

I'M OUT COS YOU AND SANDY HAVE ZERO ARGUMENT OR ANSWERS. SIMPLY.... 

'IT'S SERIOUS SHUT UP AND PAY'

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

The 1 point something figure is the figure you will keep coming up with if you research it so it's all we have to go with. 

No it doesn't include all the emissions that we are responsible for around the globe.....thats the point we are trying to make you turnip. Our often repeated point is the changes we are asked to make and pay for in most cases simply increases emissions more abroad than what it reduces them here. Hence us calling them a con. We paid in council tax increases for recycling facilities, we have been recycling like mad while all the world powers who meet and slap each other on the backs knew it was all just being burnt on a beach abroad all along. 

We are being asked to change, we are being asked to pay......and it will make FCK all difference. 

And then you tell us that we can't point the finger at developing countries for doing the same. We are pointing a finger, we are filling their order books. 

Your entire argument is feel guilty, ride a bike, build on your environment to house migrants and shut up and do it. 

I'M OUT COS YOU AND SANDY HAVE ZERO ARGUMENT OR ANSWERS. SIMPLY.... 

'IT'S SERIOUS SHUT UP AND PAY'

So then my question would be: What should be done about global warming? 
Nothing? Proceed as usual? Just keep to yourself and be done with it?

The answer is simple: cut emissions drastically, how to go about it is above my and probably your paygrade.
There are clever people out there who have genuinely good ideas, we have to get them to hold power or influence those people who are in power to do something.

My main point is, that this is a global problem and we all have to address it and we all will suffer the consequences one way or the other.

It is not enough if Britain alone is doing something about it and it wouldn’t even be enough if China alone would do something. One country alone is not gonna cut it.

In one thing I agree with you. I am also out since you only smash ideas that are brought forward and retreat to the housing and immigration problem, so every further discussion is moot.

1 hour ago, MagyarAgar said:

I keep hearing this 1% figure. I do not know where it comes from, but does it only include your direct emissions?
Is it incorporating sending trash to overseas landfills where it pollutes the environment or is burned in the worst way possible?

Is it incorporating the world wide trade you are participating in and that is responsible for a lot of emissions? e.g. buying concrete that is produced overseas and so on and so on.

And even if this 1% figure is accounting for all of the emissions Britain is responsible for, than we as „western world“ should lead by example and stop pointing fingers at the people who are doing the same stuff we did ~100 years before them.

As I have said, the stuff you can do personally does not do a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Short of going into a political office or voting for the right people you as a person cannot do that much.

This is all the emissions the uk is responsible for. Now when you compare that to China which are now responsible for nearly 30% of the emissions/co2 world wide then the uk is insignificant. Then you have to add brazil, India, Russia and the USA into the mix and until they do something then nothing matters. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, socks said:

This is all the emissions the uk is responsible for. Now when you compare that to China which are now responsible for nearly 30% of the emissions/co2 world wide then the uk is insignificant. Then you have to add brazil, India, Russia and the USA into the mix and until they do something then nothing matters. 

It's a lost cause,posing in the wind.

The biggest polluter in the world... China.

What has their pollution got to do with us in the UK... nothing. 

Just like Maggie shut down industry in the UK....the globalists are now shutting down industry worldwide, with some exceptions of course. The big third world runs as normal for the time being and the Western civilized nations shutdown permanently. Done.

The world is a business. Simple.

Carbon is the excuse in order to promulgate the whole ideology and sell it to us. Carbon is essential for life. Taxing a naturally occurring gas is beyond cult level stuff. We really have a high opinion of ourselves thinking we can destroy the world!lol

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
47 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

So then my question would be: What should be done about global warming? 
Nothing? Proceed as usual? Just keep to yourself and be done with it?

The answer is simple: cut emissions drastically, how to go about it is above my and probably your paygrade.
There are clever people out there who have genuinely good ideas, we have to get them to hold power or influence those people who are in power to do something.

My main point is, that this is a global problem and we all have to address it and we all will suffer the consequences one way or the other.

It is not enough if Britain alone is doing something about it and it wouldn’t even be enough if China alone would do something. One country alone is not gonna cut it.

In one thing I agree with you. I am also out since you only smash ideas that are brought forward and retreat to the housing and immigration problem, so every further discussion is moot.

From the UK we should protect and promote local food production. 

Reduce population by cutting immigration. 

Protect local green environment. 

Bring industry back from countries like China. 

Stop importing plastic tat from China. 

Make aid and trade with looser countries dependant on them addressing emissions and population increase. 

My point, that I could make till I'm blue in the face, is the changes we are being asked to make and pay for actually do the opposite to what I've written above. And it's the people who are pressing us to change and pay that a) are promoting damaging environmental polices in developing countries b) are profiting both at home and abroad from our pointless efforts. 

I've explained why we keep referring to immigration. Because our local environment is being destroyed by it. Its like concreting over the amazon and asking an indigenous tribe to buy some solar panels made in China. 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 10/08/2021 at 17:20, DIDO.1 said:

I'm not quite sure what it your arguing about @sandymere

We all agree there's a problem. Most of us on here just think the 'change' that we are being asked to make and pay for, in this case us in Britain, is total bullshite and a con. 

I'm fairly sure I've asked you this numerous times on here. Perhaps I haven't or you have answered and it's just my dementia. Which policies that are being pushed and we are paying for do you agree with and you believe will make an actual difference??? 

I'm no expert but hear the calls of those that are and the research points to the idea of waiting for a magic bullet is not the answer. Unfortunately in truth there are few real attempts at altering our impact beyond window dressing, the government makes plenty of announcements and promises but does little in real terms. i.e they claim to be moving towards a reduction in fossil fuels then approve a new open cast mine etc. In reality to actually take major steps away from fossil fuels will cost a lot of money, just imagine the infrastructure reqd to put charging points for the whole county to allow those without off road parking to be able to charge a car. Its doable, using the street lights as an example, we can set up a national electric grid that would have a charging point a the great majority of road parking that charges for use, so would be self funding once in place, but it would cost billions to do but until it is done electric cars will only be available to those who have a driveway and even then thay are limited as to alternative away from home. With things that the government doesn't have to pay for they are a little more forward such as new builds having better insulation etc but even there they need to go further and start getting rid of the gas boilers and putting in ground source heat pumps, solar etc, investing in research and putting in a hydrogen network to replace natural gas and converting current boilers to hydrogen. These are just a couple of things that seem common sense to me but I'm sure those with more knowledge than I I'm sure have many other ways to reduce our carbon output and so our future impact on our children and grandchildren.But we need to accept the reality of the need to change before we can change, then we need to decide how we will pay for it, then we need to bit the bullet and put our hands in our pockets, or the pockets of a few billionaires.......

• Like 1

We are an island why are we not getting out energy from tidal turbines. They turn when the tide comes in and they turn when the tide goes out. It’s a constant form of energy that can never run out. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, socks said:

but we have been there and done that, we had our industrial revolution and growth, we pumped our co2 into the atmosphere, so have we the right to criticise developing countries for following suit.

But its our children and grandchildren that will pay the price so isn't it better to lead by example, we are not as bad as many countries now but we can be better and in investing in alternative we give ourselves a chance to have a valuable technology to sell and thereby help other countries and of course ourselves.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, socks said:

We are an island why are we not getting out energy from tidal turbines. They turn when the tide comes in and they turn when the tide goes out. It’s a constant form of energy that can never run out. 

Money and would you believe environmental damage are major stumbling blocks.

WWW.TECHNOLOGYREVIEW.COM

Judging by the sheer force of the waves during a day at the beach, the ocean seems like an abundant source of renewable energy. Indeed, more than 70 companies...

But where we should be spending the money and developing the technology to cut our own impact and by selling on cut international impacts.

High grade steel needs high grade coal.

The UK has that high grade coal in abundance, and the skills and infrastructure to manufacture high grade steel.

We close the steel works, close the pits and ship in inferior grade steel made with inferior grade coal from china.

Their mills and mines are more polluting and less safe than ours, plus the carbon footprint of the transporting of the steel means by closing our steel mills and coal mines, we are adding to the global problem, not solving it !

Go figure, as the yanks say. ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2