Has anyone ever put a hare to ground with the lurchers

I did it was I think 1987 with a whippet bitch we bitch was stuck to it like Glue hare then up a hedge when I looked we bitch was stuck down a rabbit hole it was down about an arms length well I pulled it out Sunday dinner did it ever happen to anyone else on hear let me know thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They go to ground all the time when under pressure, also seen hares swim across fast flowing rivers before to get away, if they go to ground I think they should be left even if you could reach them to

Lad on here called p***y poacher put post up years ago where he’d had 3/3 hare but admitted the third one the dog put it to ground which he pulled out ,,  it stuck in my mind as something like th

Each to there own mate and different times call for different actions I understand a lot people eat what they catch I do the same , the bit wha5 bothers me more was he was saying he had a purpose bred

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

I did it was I think 1987 with a whippet bitch we bitch was stuck to it like Glue hare then up a hedge when I looked we bitch was stuck down a rabbit hole it was down about an arms length well I pulled it out Sunday dinner did it ever happen to anyone else on hear let me know thanks

Lad on here called p***y poacher put post up years ago where he’d had 3/3 hare but admitted the third one the dog put it to ground which he pulled out ,, 

it stuck in my mind as something like that usually do as I myself thought that it deserved to let run for another day , each to there own 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Saw it happen a couple times In Rabbit earths an once in a pipe, also was told of a hare getting a gold course an it jumped into a tractors trailer but dog followed an killed it 

Seen one swim on a golf course don’t think water was deep and wasn’t wide but still swam from two terrier that nocked it up 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Lad on here called p***y poacher put post up years ago where he’d had 3/3 hare but admitted the third one the dog put it to ground which he pulled out ,, 

it stuck in my mind as something like that usually do as I myself thought that it deserved to let run for another day , each to there own 

If I let it run for another day no dinner for me that day llf lol them days we didn't think like that But if it ever happen again I would let it go 

Seen a couple go to ground and one that gave a really good account of itself bolt  into the tunnel things that run the length of railway lines were they cover the cables  you can just lift the lids on them  and it was left for another day 

6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv seem roe runs an leap straight of a canal bank into deep water and swim to other side, pretty sure few other the Glasgow lads would have saw it aswell as iv saw it happen a few times with dogs up there arses an even just chasing each other, they cross that canal regular ?

Had a fox jump in to the river swim out a bit and turned back on itself 

2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

If I let it run for another day no dinner for me that day llf lol them days we didn't think like that But if it ever happen again I would let it go 

Each to there own mate and different times call for different actions I understand a lot people eat what they catch I do the same , the bit wha5 bothers me more was he was saying he had a purpose bred hare killing dog for big flat land the hare gave the dog the run around and made it to safety thus beating the dog in my eyes and to be fair he probably just wanted a pic of 3/3 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?ive  had few swin drains good to watch dog follow

It is, though i've always admired those that risk all for escape and take the plunge.

Same with those that flip or jump over the dog, i'm ok if they get away, i'd like to think they'll breed and those cunning genes will be there again. ?

5 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

They go to ground all the time when under pressure, also seen hares swim across fast flowing rivers before to get away, if they go to ground I think they should be left even if you could reach them to pull them out 

Your right there me owd