Hare coursing

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

ill be quiet the old hitler is here lol

this is how lads have me number old bosun to the rescue 

its a bad craic ill be on holiday again now

That old Hitler as done more to promote and show lurcher and terrier work in a good light in 12 months than me or you have in are lives .? 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously now Brothers...?  Sometimes, we all 'cop the needle' over the silliest of remarks,...words uttered by complete strangers, and often by guys who are on a completely different wave length

That's the point fellah,...you don't mess about with the ferrets, and we don't run the big land, with purpose bred coursing dogs,.but, we all have a voice on the Hunting Life....      

Well, I am relieved that you are not going to go the other route with me fellah,.. you sound as though you are a bit of a desperado,...and at my time of life, I don't need to mess with a tough guy lik

Posted Images

12 hours ago, OldPhil said:

That's the point fellah,...you don't mess about with the ferrets, and we don't run the big land, with purpose bred coursing dogs,.but, we all have a voice on the Hunting Life....

I'm sorry that there are not more canny lads on here that keep and run, your chosen type of running dog,...but a lot of us just cannot be arsed with all the fecking travelling to get the good runs ...

The hare coursing game, is getting harder and harder....I salute you for keeping on....many years ago I would have been the same,..nothing and nobody would have stopped me from walking the land; and yes, I was once as arrogant as you are,...if a man's jukel could not take out fox , deer and hare and was not a proper animal,..I laughed at the owner, and rated him as a total wanker. 

WHY would you keep such a useless dog ?

Why would you ?

It has taken me years and years,..and years, to chill out and accept that what a man chooses to keep, is his affair..

If it is not to my taste,..I would never tell him so....it is none of my fecking business...

Now, if you want a battle with lads who just keep, genuine cur dogs, lamping dogs and hedgerow bush busters,..then maybe, you are walking in the wrong field...? There is no sport in all this silly arguing...

Every dog man who works his jukel, deserves our respect,..there is no hierarchy or top dogs in our world...

If everyone wanted a top notch coursing dog,.then we would all be going down that route and not fecking about with mutts and ferrets? 

SO, talk dogs , talk coursing and educate the lads who have never hunted all over the UK,...or will ever walk the mighty Fens. Give us your experience,.tell us what you look for in a coursing dog...

We do not need time wasting, bish bash, silly bollocks chat....

Be the man,...you have no competition or anything to fear on this site.....?

Hare 014a.jpg

Well said Phil 

9 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Seriously now Brothers...? 

Sometimes, we all 'cop the needle' over the silliest of remarks,...words uttered by complete strangers, and often by guys who are on a completely different wave length, to one'self.

In 99% of cases, such foolish comments go in one ear and out of t'other?..but,...for some reason,...certain remarks, strike a chord' and spark off a mode of behaviour that is both wasteful and non-productive....

After a lifetime spent around dogs and dog men,...it is pure stupidity to rise to the bait and become upset from the antics of other enthusiasts,...in short, it is, illogical to get all uptight....and it is most definitely not,.. good Karma...?

Anyway,..we all need a holiday, either an enforced one, or voluntary,..and as I approach my busiest time of the year, I need to remain focussed and not become embroiled in daft, repetitive silly bollocks disagreements over jukels!

I have had a lifetime of such things, and there is no pleasure in being negative towards others....

This Forum used to be the Largest Hunting man's website,...thousands of participating members and choc-full of expertise and amazing , factual reports , posts and thought provoking threads?

Lads often hark back to the good times of this Forum, and there was a big reason why the content was of the very highest.

Yes, there was a fair bit of Moderation, and one or two 'Mods' did take their work a tad too serious? (I've been banned a few times myself)?. However,..the main moderation was frequently done by the members themselves. 

When you have hundreds of guys taking part in a particular thread, there is no place for dreamers, bullshitters or fakers to hide,..the members themselves will be onto them like rats up a drainpipe...

Questions will be asked?

Nowadays, it is easy to obtain facts and truisms about any man's spurious claims.

"The Internet has opened up the veins of truth and allowed the blood of freedom, to flow freely"...

Sadly, look at this site today,...it has become a mere shadow of its former self,...so many genuine lads have chucked in the towel and decided that enough is enough...There is no sport or good craic in this old Forum game any more...Facts are, when the lunatics start to take over the asylum,..we are fecked, and I do mean, proper fecked.?

I love the lurchers,.. I have enjoyed my time with them and I really do owe them everything, and that is the truth. But, sometimes I feel that perhaps a few months away from the same old, same , repetitive, chants has got to be good for the soul?

Right, just thought I should apologise to my fellow members for my own recent lapse of control,...it will not happen again. Do go careful boys,.stay safe and look after your best pals...

Regards, OldPhil...?

Sky ferreting Perhap + 084.jpg

Is it me or has that pic changed several times in the last day? ?

• Haha 1