Patterdale x whippet

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

ive seen few beddy crosses yip and wheatens aswell i seen sal x yip when not fit coming bk from injury ?

just them little terriers i seen loads all yap at out lol

I owned and bred wheaten lurchers for a long time and I've never had a single one open up, no doubt there's been some that have but I've never even heard of a genuine wheaten x opening up. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I owned and bred wheaten lurchers for a long time and I've never had a single one open up, no doubt there's been some that have but I've never even heard of a genuine wheaten x opening up. 

Seen a few do it mate one wheaten grey stand off fox yapping ? some some excellent aswell like 

I've never seen a Patterdale xwhippet  mate but i imagine chances of them opening up be quite high ?

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Just can't see the logic in the cross tbh, can't say I've really seen much Beddy crosses either but I imagine they would make much faster crosses than a Pat/Whippet cross. 

I agree mate Bedlington is like small whippet 

one my mrs had screamed its head off running was a crackin wee busher good nose on it to mark anything in but wouldnt drop in she was a funny wee thing who met her end in a kennel fight at 13 years of age shame sad way for her to go i liked her

9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Seen a few do it mate one wheaten grey stand off fox yapping ? some some excellent aswell like 

I've never seen a Patterdale xwhippet  mate but i imagine chances of them opening up be quite high ?

OK. Lol. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

one my mrs had screamed its head off running was a crackin wee busher good nose on it to mark anything in but wouldnt drop in she was a funny wee thing who met her end in a kennel fight at 13 years of age shame sad way for her to go i liked her

man had one talking from experience ?

surprised lads havent said ye but you get silent terriers ?

8 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I can only guess at the rubbish and lack of thought that goes into some of the crosses seen by some on here..?

i know who thinks up crap like we will put a pat to a whippet as a runner ?

Some folk only need or want a small terrier based runner. That’s what makes them happy and does the job they want. It’s that simple.

What folk are trying to say is - that a pat of the right type would do a better job or producing said runner of said type, than a modern Beddy. 

The ones bred out of modern Beddy that made good little dogs, the Beddy probably had a load of pat in it anyhow .

can we dispense with the laughing at each other and running each other dogs down ? Or is that just now this places vibe? 

• Like 7