Patterdale x whippet

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon he could teach most pure whippets a thing or two. First x whippet Russell. Probably not as fast as a straight whippet but hardy, clever and brave. I wish I could have him back at that age aga

Russell X 3/4 grey 1/4 collie. This lad done way, way more than I ever expected. 22" ? Cheers, D.    

its a funny subject isn't it ....this hole thing of a dog opening up....yapping... as lurcher lads we are so programed to hate and detest opening up....its to point where most lads would never ad

Posted Images

can't really argue about what's been said about beddywhippets. I have had quite a few and genuine half cross, wether it be first cross or line bred have all lacked gears. it wouldn't be your choice for lamping. I only ferret and mooch, and they suit me fine. the biggest plus I have always found is a great nose this they have in abundance. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The first Beddy show class was in 1870, and they were dying them to fit ‘breed standard’ in them days ? so quite likely a lot of the photos you see even quite old ones were non workers 

I always thought they was ratters mate bunny’s otters badger just an all round hunting dog and used for  racing as well like a whippet  don’t think they was ever an earth dog like a pat is mate 

and dog will have worked back then mate it’s was the norm showed as well but they will a been workers 

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I always thought they was ratters mate bunny’s otters badger just an all round hunting dog and used for  racing as well like a whippet  don’t think they was ever an earth dog like a pat is mate 

and dog will have worked back then mate it’s was the norm showed as well but they will a been workers 

I don’t quite know how they were meant to be worked on otters and badger if they couldn’t get to ground ? Be a bit of a difficult one otherwise. And as far as I was aware most terriers were bred to go to ground. I think a lot of books probably talk about rabbiting abs stuff because realistically they don’t like saying they dug badgers with them historically. Same as if you read the history of the sausage dog ? not many folk mention digging pigs ? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I don’t quite know how they were meant to be worked on otters and badger if they couldn’t get to ground ? Be a bit of a difficult one otherwise. And as far as I was aware most terriers were bred to go to ground. I think a lot of books probably talk about rabbiting abs stuff because realistically they don’t like saying they dug badgers with them historically. Same as if you read the history of the sausage dog ? not many folk mention digging pigs ? 

?