So joined a UK carp group

2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The trend in this part of the world is to use a suspended canvas type trough with water in it when unhooking carp. They all have them set up ready for action along with a huge landing net stuck up vertical like a flag, a spare rod with a spomb dangling from it and a couple of hundred Euros worth of boilies, pop-ups and glugs on display on a picnic table. They all set up like that. It is laughable.

Last summer I came across one of these unhooking  troughs set up in full sun with the temperature of the water at almost 40C. Poached fish anyone?

And arnt their rods specificlly made for spombing ?  Saw a few posting asking about spomb rods and found it odd you'd buy a whole $100+ rod just for throwing a spomb ?

Btw I'm not trying make fun of the way y'all fish you bunch are about the only ones it seems I can have a conversation with about these things.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of carp anglers in the UK aren't really anglers in a broader sense. A bit like driven pheasant shooters aren't really countrysports people. They simply cannot see beyond their own narrow world. 

Wolfie and Ricky ,please join an air gunners page ,and get back to us .

Wolf dog reading that post

Posted Images

Yes, you can buy a dedicated spod rod. Why? I don't know. As you might have worked out I fish for carp differently to the popular methods. Someone might argue the case for a dedicated spod rod, reel and line, but I just use an old pike deadbait rod or a cheap telescopic pike rod. It delivers the same bait to the same place.

20 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

If you don't have a 3 rod set up,delkin alarms,spod rod,marker rod, bait boat,carp barrow,bivvy..... you get laughed off the lakes?...95% of them are clueless...no water craft..all the gear and no idea?

do the spods and markers count as part of the 3 rods or do they carry 5?