So joined a UK carp group

2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Because indications will be shit I had my last 30 on 2 bleeps. 

a bell won’t work on a drop back will it when the fish picks up and swims towards you ? 

If it swims towards you it will ring you bell if your line runs through a big arlsey bomb! Big piece of cheese paste on your hook jobs a good un. 

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of carp anglers in the UK aren't really anglers in a broader sense. A bit like driven pheasant shooters aren't really countrysports people. They simply cannot see beyond their own narrow world. 

Wolfie and Ricky ,please join an air gunners page ,and get back to us .

Wolf dog reading that post

Posted Images

2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Because indications will be shit I had my last 30 on 2 bleeps. 

a bell won’t work on a drop back will it when the fish picks up and swims towards you ? 

I reckon the poles will pay an arm and a dick for a 30! That will be a crimbo dinner and a half 

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d rather tie some line to tip me rod an me toe than spend 250 quid for a machine that goes beep pal ?

I got some of this knock off kit from china for like $75 Lixian on Amazon

IMG_20210529_144409444_HDR.jpg.7cf3e9c96514e5df77dc922791a34336.jpg

1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I got some of this knock off kit from china for like $75 Lixian on Amazon

IMG_20210529_144409444_HDR.jpg.7cf3e9c96514e5df77dc922791a34336.jpg

So how does that rod pod and electronic alarms go with Hank & Bud? It isn't that long ago you reckoned that you'd be thrown off the pond if you didn't have a five dollar plastic pipe rod rest.

6 hours ago, Nicepix said:

So how does that rod pod and electronic alarms go with Hank & Bud? It isn't that long ago you reckoned that you'd be thrown off the pond if you didn't have a five dollar plastic pipe rod rest.

? I fish by my self most of the time, few times I've used my pods and alarms around others I got made fun if a bit at first by alot of guys , lots of " all you need is a pice of angle cut PVC on the bank or a forked stick yadda yadda yadda,( had a lot more think it was really cool) till it was high noon and I could sit in the shade a whole 20yd away with light drags and they had to sit in the sun and bake. That or I was able to set and get away from the mosquitos and they where stuck rubbing bug repellent all over them selves sitting a foot from the bank while night fishing ?.  Still happy with my PVC pods in the places I can drive to and are super muddy. Do everything I want for those perticular places. Only reason I'm looking for a folding pod is because I need something I can fit in a back pack easier  I can do it with my PVC one but it's a little more of a hassle ?

Edited by Wolfdog91
5 hours ago, Jackknife said:

Bin the fecking things, load a cheap shite. 

They're working just fine so far. By the time they break I would have gotten my little $75 out of them. Might get some NGT's next

1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

They're working just fine so far. By the time they break I would have gotten my little $75 out of them. Might get some NGT's next

NGT........ Not good tackle ?

Spend some dollar and buy decent, you will go through set after set otherwise ?

• Like 1

NGT = No Good Tackle

TFG = Total F***ing Garbage

Might be why he used them as back ups for others and not for himself.

I've got four Delkims from the 1970s / 80s. Been OK so far.

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Well it would be pointless having a second set that was top of range that hardly ever gets used, he said they deffo do a job, like I said iv never saw them never mind tried them, but I can remember a few years back when them old fox ones an that were being used an nobody knew any different an we were still catching the same fish as folks are catching now

You caN hAve one as well ??

zzzzzzbhhhhhhhhhhb

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Katchum have a look at the Korum kbi bite alarm set, that was my fist bite alarms. They still work perfectly but I use delkims now. Those Korum are super cheap with a receiver included 

Still waiting for you to tip me off as to the whereabouts of lakes that hold carp in the west ! Lol 

9 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

? I fish by my self most of the time, few times I've used my pods and alarms around others I got made fun if a bit at first by alot of guys , lots of " all you need is a pice of angle cut PVC on the bank or a forked stick yadda yadda yadda,( had a lot more think it was really cool) till it was high noon and I could sit in the shade a whole 20yd away with light drags and they had to sit in the sun and bake. That or I was able to set and get away from the mosquitos and they where stuck rubbing bug repellent all over them selves sitting a foot from the bank while night fishing ?.  Still happy with my PVC pods in the places I can drive to and are super muddy. Do everything I want for those perticular places. Only reason I'm looking for a folding pod is because I need something I can fit in a back pack easier  I can do it with my PVC one but it's a little more of a hassle ?

Pods are for nods ? single bank sticks with single alarm on each or just add twin or triple buzz bars.?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

? I fish by my self most of the time, few times I've used my pods and alarms around others I got made fun if a bit at first by alot of guys , lots of " all you need is a pice of angle cut PVC on the bank or a forked stick yadda yadda yadda,( had a lot more think it was really cool) till it was high noon and I could sit in the shade a whole 20yd away with light drags and they had to sit in the sun and bake. That or I was able to set and get away from the mosquitos and they where stuck rubbing bug repellent all over them selves sitting a foot from the bank while night fishing ?.  

Why can't Hank and Bud do that with their home made plastic pods?

• Like 1