• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have put this pic up a million times  on here so my apologies to folk that have seen it before.. but here is Sally being slipped by Oggy...she's the red collar.  

Mc I don't keep coursing types and never have but they have put an end to a few without running over the hills and far away, don't get me wrong I like to see a good dog on a winter hare but my lot jus

Fukc sake were you neglected as a kid or something and your trying to get as much attention now as you possibly can ........

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Very much so open open land , single handed and December? Or is there something else to it ? 

BA266CE7-5463-41C5-BAC1-6F729014A69A.png

?there's alot more to it mate thats grass land good going mate 

On sandy clay or peat you sink mate just walking it you'd soon realise the difference mate ? 

Dog be black after a run and be sinking up past wrists mate ?

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Before the saluki everything doubled up charts or was were I am bet on run up turns very few got killed dead a winter mate unless mobbed and lad did that ?

A good coursing bred won't be beaten on hares or bambi mate from what I seen there on a completely different level ? 

Even bunny's if lads popped up with there 100 a night rabbiters quality dogs there a few on here on open wet arable id fancy me chances aswell seriously its hard running  for little powerful dogs mate ?soon be f****d 

I ran single handed with every dog I've had, also doubled up in certain circumstances.

The Saluki hybrid was just a natural progression, but you shouldn't make such definitive statements as " before the Saluki every thing was ran doubled up", because they weren't.

Then, as now, there were arseholes who ran 3, 4, 5 dogs on a hare, but many ran and tested their dogs single handed.

Im not arguing that the Saluki hybrid is the best hare dog, but you're being very dismissive of dogs you may never have seen.

I could be wrong, and you could be an old fart like me ! ? ! Who is telling it as you seen it, but don't dismiss out of hand what others have seen...... but I still have a niggling feeling you're teasing a bit ! ? !

Cheers.

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Moocher 71 I'd go as at to say if you popped up 10 weekends from middle a December  with none sal bred ran one each time you wouldn't manage no more

in the ten weeks you be lucky to stop 1 I'm not joking mate either I'd love someone to try 

None of us oldies have ever been out lolololol   If we all went out killing every wknd with desert dogs. Which we all have prob.owned one or two  Ther be nothing fir you to run ? maybe we like wat we like good dogs ain’t measured on the fens kicking hare up he’ll bent on killing  ther are was other things about ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I ran single handed with every dog I've had, also doubled up in certain circumstances.

The Saluki hybrid was just a natural progression, but you shouldn't make such definitive statements as " before the Saluki every thing was ran doubled up", because they weren't.

Then, as now, there were arseholes who ran 3, 4, 5 dogs on a hare, but many ran and tested their dogs single handed.

Im not arguing that the Saluki hybrid is the best hare dog, but you're being very dismissive of dogs you may never have seen.

I could be wrong, and you could be an old fart like me ! ? ! Who is telling it as you seen it, but don't dismiss out of hand what others have seen...... but I still have a niggling feeling you're teasing a bit ! ? !

Cheers.

I dont dismiss mate you live different land to me mate ? 

I'm just over half your age mate lol 

But no men older than you hunted alot mate seen the start of the saluki and hybrids that we still have today ?

I seen a good few types mate I been at it 25 year o so only ones I seen dead a winter kill multiple hare deer before they can be caught have been coursing bred mate 4 mins stop it get on one 400 yds away do the same then again not even 20.secs in-between killing one getting on other over 12 mins running g more than once mate when you get a real un there on another planet mate ? 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Were are these hare dogs mate with no sal in em truth be told there not one lad on here would even try to stop a winter hare on open land anyone been at it seen a good hare open land will know its curtains dog wrote off ill take any lad out to try good day out ill even slip in when dogs in trouble ? 

Mc what was lads using before saluki blood came into UK? Like I said I've seen with my own eyes juckels doing hare on the fens day after day when I was young lad and most was owned by my family and beleave my lot didn't keep a juckel if it couldn't do the job .

And lads like Bill doherty and his dad ,working deerhound xs to all game ? Or are these men full of it ? Give yourself a shake man 

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

None of us oldies have ever been out lolololol   If we all went out killing every wknd with desert dogs. Which we all have prob. Ther be nothing fir you to run ?

? there's not all that many stopping winter hares mate is there really ? 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I dont dismiss mate you live different land to me mate ? 

I'm just over half your age mate lol 

But no men older than you hunted alot mate seen the start of the saluki and hybrids that we still have today ?

I seen a good few types mate I been at it 25 year o so only ones I seen dead a winter kill multiple hare deer before they can be caught have been coursing bred mate 4 mins stop it get on one 400 yds away do the same then again not even 20.secs in-between killing one getting on other over 12 mins running g more than once mate when you get a real un there on another planet mate ? 

Only 12 mins of running ffs my ferret can do that ?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

Mc what was lads using before saluki blood came into UK? Like I said I've seen with my own eyes juckels doing hare on the fens day after day when I was young lad and most was owned by my family and beleave my lot didn't keep a juckel if it couldn't do the job .

And lads like Bill doherty and his dad ,working deerhound xs to all game ? Or are these men full of it ? Give yourself a shake man 

They was plenty a diimffernt types mate what I'm saying is most doubled up bk in the day mate 

me old man   coursed with  few a the  dohertys mate ? had a few salukis off him ? 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? there's not all that many stopping winter hares mate is there really ? 

Ther is life other than hares I had Sal x before you went infant school I never ran hares other things far more important ??

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

mC, if I'm ever up on charges, I want you as my brief !

Youre like a dog with a bone, pardon the pun !

I admire tenacity, in a man as much as a dog.

You put up a great defence of the Saluki hybrid, which no one is arguing against, by the way, but give us old 'uns our memories, even if you do think we are looking back thru' rose coloured specs ! ? !

Cheers.

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Ther is life other than hares I had Sal x before you went infant school I never ran hares other things far more important ??

?since school mate I've tried to stop hares mate lol could stop bunny's fox deer with our dogs then but them f***ing hares lol like chrimbo when we used to stop one ? ?

Just now, chartpolski said:

mC, if I'm ever up on charges, I want you as my brief !

Youre like a dog with a bone, pardon the pun !

I admire tenacity, in a man as much as a dog.

You put up a great defence of the Saluki hybrid, which no one is arguing against, by the way, but give us old 'uns our memories, even if you do think we are looking back thru' rose coloured specs ! ? !

Cheers.

Charts pop up mate ill show you a dog kill multiple off a slip you be following picking up body's ?id go out with you dead winter if I can't stop 5 bambi with good slips by dinner time ill come on here and say sal breds a shite ? ?