who remembers Darren Gallagher and his saluki x greyhound longdog hybrids back in the days?This fellow field sports enthusiastic bred and subsequently produced ? some really top notch hare coursing longdog/ hybrids and was widely reputed as a breeding authority of the aforementioned longdog.Ive seen these desert strains on the Great peat fens coursing strong ? brown hares knocking them upside down in relatively good numbers. Now then I've noticed this forum to be somewhat bitchy by just a couple of enthusiastics who are evidently jealous and envious if someone ? has educated himself on a particular ? element ..?Yes!! It would be great to see what you think about my chosen comments...further more id love to hear from the old school suchlike those people who were actively and vigorously involved in field sports, especially ? certain individuals who wore their ? on their sleeves.?in sport Carl Williams South Wales. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have put this pic up a million times  on here so my apologies to folk that have seen it before.. but here is Sally being slipped by Oggy...she's the red collar.  

Mc I don't keep coursing types and never have but they have put an end to a few without running over the hills and far away, don't get me wrong I like to see a good dog on a winter hare but my lot jus

Fukc sake were you neglected as a kid or something and your trying to get as much attention now as you possibly can ........

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

who remembers Darren Gallagher and his saluki x greyhound longdog hybrids back in the days?This fellow field sports enthusiastic bred and subsequently produced ? some really top notch hare coursing longdog/ hybrids and was widely reputed as a breeding authority of the aforementioned longdog.Ive seen these desert strains on the Great peat fens coursing strong ? brown hares knocking them upside down in relatively good numbers. Now then I've noticed this forum to be somewhat bitchy by just a couple of enthusiastics who are evidently jealous and envious if someone ? has educated himself on a particular ? element ..?Yes!! It would be great to see what you think about my chosen comments...further more id love to hear from the old school suchlike those people who were actively and vigorously involved in field sports, especially ? certain individuals who wore their ? on their sleeves.?in sport Carl Williams South Wales. 

Didn't know Liam and noel had a brother into coursing lol ? 

I no plenty who had and still keep the type but they wouldn't be to keen on me dropping names 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

He own pure sire to sniper who won foley tepe gawra saluki  its  sister was bred to ballyreagan bob in alot of todays dogs pedigrees ?

• Like 1

Despite having a liking to The whippet x greyhound longdog hybrid i obviously have a tendency in liking various other longdog strains and lurcher types i like ? lamping rabbits but choose not to lamp hares my reasons are purely because hares are somewhat nieve and painfully panicky whenever a powerful beam of light innumulates them...alas i for one choose to allow hares to be ignored at ni

6 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Despite having a liking to The whippet x greyhound longdog hybrid i obviously have a tendency in liking various other longdog strains and lurcher types i like ? lamping rabbits but choose not to lamp hares my reasons are purely because hares are somewhat nieve and painfully panicky whenever a powerful beam of light innumulates them...alas i for one choose to allow hares to be ignored at ni

Some spots on lamp take some stopping open land alot lads won't slip even on lamp lol save there lurchers for runs they can catch lol ?

• Like 1

Ght and preferably rather see them coursed in the hours of daylight which additionally allows a running dog ? to be thoroughly tested in so far as speed agility and stamina is concerned.The many more various running ? which have their devoted devoties in particular  types ? of running dogs have their own various views and varieties in so far as personal opinion goes!!!!

1 minute ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Ght and preferably rather see them coursed in the hours of daylight which additionally allows a running dog ? to be thoroughly tested in so far as speed agility and stamina is concerned.The many more various running ? which have their devoted devoties in particular  types ? of running dogs have their own various views and varieties in so far as personal opinion goes!!!!

I'm daytime all the way mate

i just know for a fact some spots hares will make lampers look silly like they would in the daytime ?

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Id rather a juckel got it in the bag ASAP so f all that running up and down ,give no law and get in the bag thats what a lurcher all about to me  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Id rather a juckel got it in the bag ASAP so f all that running up and down ,give no law and get in the bag thats what a lurcher all about to me  

Lol if you run good land no law ? you'd need something special to stop a few ? December on hammered land  hares dont get killed fast mate it really is a myth 

Just now, mC HULL said:

Lol if you run good land no law ? you'd need something special to stop a few ? December on hammered land  hares dont get killed fast mate it really is a myth 

Mc I don't keep coursing types and never have but they have put an end to a few without running over the hills and far away, don't get me wrong I like to see a good dog on a winter hare but my lot just not made for it so I'm more than happy if they put one in the bag from a kick up or in cover .

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Mc I don't keep coursing types and never have but they have put an end to a few without running over the hills and far away, don't get me wrong I like to see a good dog on a winter hare but my lot just not made for it so I'm more than happy if they put one in the bag from a kick up or in cover .

they worked for it mate its satisfying ?

• Like 2

The various strains of longdog/ hybrids in the UK are nnnñtnñ for ? ⛔ no other reasons in so far as purely pursuing and catching their ground  quarry in relatively quick time. Most strains of longdogs are those that are labelled (Catch Dogs) running dogs with the ability ? to pursue its particular ground quarry quickly and efficiently with outstanding strike thrust and electrical agility. The breeding ingredients used in order to produce the various materials used to breed these running dogs are by means of mating only sighthound blood and absolutely nothing more than that!! Some strains of these long dogs are amazing to see for they honestly and truthfully come into a category of their own!!!