Just now, Black neck said:

I'll show u 1 come winter run u 4 a grand ,then a straightener then a pint then a snog 

I

2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

whilst i agree to a point....there are dogs out there that can ...or have done it in the past with no sal blood...

the dog in my avatar for one....deer/grey x whipp/grey....she even beat splodge in the semi final of the windmill cup...

?I'm yet to see one tomo few lads i know have half descent but wouldn't come out middle Jan  mate on land hammered 

Were was windmill run mate time a year ? 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have put this pic up a million times  on here so my apologies to folk that have seen it before.. but here is Sally being slipped by Oggy...she's the red collar.  

Mc I don't keep coursing types and never have but they have put an end to a few without running over the hills and far away, don't get me wrong I like to see a good dog on a winter hare but my lot jus

Fukc sake were you neglected as a kid or something and your trying to get as much attention now as you possibly can ........

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I'll show u 1 come winter run u 4 a grand ,then a straightener then a pint then a snog 

It sounds like a cracking day mate but I dont drink and not one for snogging a man lol

Just now, mC HULL said:

I

?I'm yet to see one tomo few lads i know have half descent but wouldn't come out middle Jan  mate on land hammered 

Were was windmill run mate time a year ? 

late jan early feb...i think.....but i honestly cant remember....the year i won it was at caenby corner north of lincoln....the year after i came runner up ...i cant remember where it was....

let me just say though that bitch had some speed....and the best mouth i have yet to see bettered....and around 3 mins in the tank....i cought alot of hares with that dog

I have put this pic up a million times  on here so my apologies to folk that have seen it before..

but here is Sally being slipped by Oggy...she's the red collar.

20200503_193003.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

late jan early feb...i think.....but i honestly cant remember....the year i won it was at caenby corner north of lincoln....the year after i came runner up ...i cant remember where it was....

let me just say though that bitch had some speed....and the best mouth i have yet to see bettered....and around 3 mins in the tank....i cought alot of hares with that dog

?Good mouth 3 mins is sound mate will stop plenty a hares i had half sal grey similar stopped plenty a hares but certain land winter  I wouldn't run it ?

I think mC is teasing a bit !  ? !

I agree that the modern day saluki hybrid is the king of hare dogs, daytime on open land. But we had no hare killers before then ???

I had my first saluki cross in the early 70's here in the UK, and they were rare up here.

The preponderance of hare and roe dogs were deer crosses, and believe me, they could take hares anywhere, any time. They went out of fashion when the bull x's and Saluki hybrids came along, but they did a grand job up to then.

If I was only into daytime hare coursing, then of course I'd have Saluki hybrids, they are the best dogs for the job, but other factors come into choosing the dogs you own...."..horses for courses, hounds for grounds" comes to mind.

So, my advice is don't be breed blind, accept what others have and do, but most of all ENJOY IT !

Cheers.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Were are these hare dogs mate with no sal in em truth be told there not one lad on here would even try to stop a winter hare on open land anyone been at it seen a good hare open land will know its curtains dog wrote off ill take any lad out to try good day out ill even slip in when dogs in trouble ? 

Very much so open open land , single handed and December? Or is there something else to it ? 

BA266CE7-5463-41C5-BAC1-6F729014A69A.png

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I think mC is teasing a bit !  ? !

I agree that the modern day saluki hybrid is the king of hare dogs, daytime on open land. But we had no hare killers before then ???

I had my first saluki cross in the early 70's here in the UK, and they were rare up here.

The preponderance of hare and roe dogs were deer crosses, and believe me, they could take hares anywhere, any time. They went out of fashion when the bull x's and Saluki hybrids came along, but they did a grand job up to then.

If I was only into daytime hare coursing, then of course I'd have Saluki hybrids, they are the best dogs for the job, but other factors come into choosing the dogs you own...."..horses for courses, hounds for grounds" comes to mind.

So, my advice is don't be breed blind, accept what others have and do, but most of all ENJOY IT !

Cheers.

Before the saluki everything doubled up charts or was were I am bet on run up turns very few got killed dead a winter mate unless mobbed and lad did that ?

A good coursing bred won't be beaten on hares or bambi mate from what I seen there on a completely different level ? 

Even bunny's if lads popped up with there 100 a night rabbiters quality dogs there a few on here on open wet arable id fancy me chances aswell seriously its hard running  for little powerful dogs mate ?soon be f****d