Sounds a hard way of going about things ........ why not just buy a lawnmower , itll over winter on concrete very easy and youll only have to put fuel afew times a season , no worming no vets ect 

• Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs are done for the day ? 

So...... just to reply to some of your points, and please dont think i take it as a dig, but someones as to offer the other side. First - I totally agree to your sentiments with regard to small s

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, dytkos said:

How long do they fukcers live for?

Cheers, D.

Long enough to get a phone call off your wife at 5am when you are 500 miles away saying “That f***ing dog of yours has just dismembered the dirty great buck goat and I have been up the field picking up the bits !” Lol ? 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 3
52 minutes ago, sid g said:

i was going to suggest a goat or 2 or offer for  free grazing 

Goats ain't a grazing animal it's a brouser,they will graze out on a tether because they got f all else to do or eat,let a goat loose and it'll eat the hedge by choice rather than the grass..

• Like 3
1 minute ago, sid g said:

got ya i thought be easier than sheep with laws / regs 

Fare to say i didn't get hassled for paper work when i was a stonehenge with a goat one time  :laugh:...

• Haha 1

Cheers for couple of mentions. 

As said, goats won't eat enough grass to achieve what your after. And they are just a massive pain in arse.

Your issue this year is everything is over priced, cull ewes included. Just been one of them years for live sellers.

If it just to keep grass down I'd suggest a whether from something like a mule, they the lowest value. You will need a flock number/cph if you want to move it on (dead or alive) at some stage. 

If you want it for long term then go easycare or exlana, no shearing, no flystrike, probably no worms. But you'll get less £££ if you want to sell live at market. 

Fencing - if they've plenty of grass then decent stock Fencing will keep them in. If you want to electric thrb train them to it (small stock fenced paddock with two electic strands where they will get a good few shocks, trained).

They'll over winter happily indoors on straw with hay or barley straw to feed. If not in lamb then decent hay be enough (need some concentrate ration/rolls if in lamb). They will drink lot more indoors on rolls though. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Integrate it gently with the bigger shit out there.

Mixed grazing works well- cattle worms don't affect sheep, and likewise sheep's don't affect cattle. Any worms ingested by the other species will kill that worms (sheep kill cattle worms & vice versa)

How many more times do I have to state that goats are the very, living, epitome of a fukking nightmare? Been there. Done that. Shot the last fukking thing in the face.

Anyway; Thread seems to have gone about as I'd expected. Gave up reading it and got my dinner on :)

Consensus seems to be though: " Roundup " ? Fair play. It was just a knee jerk muse.

Wilf has often enough said how he's against the Death Penalty, simply because he wouldn't trust the govt. with that power? Fukked if I'm not coming round to that point of view! ?

Kunts have me in the condemned cell, as I type this. (Yes: The UK govt Still have the very real power to sentence those they see as untermenschen to death. Believe it.)

Waiting on the result of my Appeal. So, yeah, Not exactly my usual, happy go lucky, self just now.

Spent an absolutely lovely spell this afternoon though. Chatting to a member on here, in PM. Guy who's actually Met me (Gasp!) In fact, has known me, face to face and personal, half my fukking life.

He actually said, as I recall, something very much to the tune of: ' I hang around these forums for the few good people. The rest? Once they kick off? I walk. '

Tatchipen!!!

And now, if you'll excuse me? I'm off to google breeding guinea pigs. Eat grass. Lot less drama than sheep. And make well amusing noises! ?

• Confused 1
10 hours ago, WILF said:

The thing would say watch out for is that you won’t get one sheep sheared.....they just won’t bother.

You'd have to get hand shears and keep it trimmed yourself.

Im struggling to get 10 sheared, they can’t be f****d about with small numbers.

There is people who would do it but they want £50 minimum 

I’ve always been led to believe that Sheep have suicidal tendencies and are always looking for new ways to die.

But Goats on the other hand just for the comedy value who wouldn’t want one ??.