Timber sheds

I've got my concrete pad down, plenty of room for a decent shed 20'x8'. The shed I was planning didn't work out so now I'm shopping around for something else. I'm planning to section 4' off as an inside avairy with a pop hole into an outside flight. The other 16' will be a bar /comfy room. Planning to get a beer fridge, big armchairs and just fill it with my collection of stuff.....hunting pictures, vintage signs, clubs, swords, old traps etc. 

Anyway any decent shed builders are booked up till Christmas time! Because of all the DIYers and garden bar builders. Timber prices are through the roof as well. 

So any ideas? Would it be cheaper to build it in block and render it? Anyone know any decent shed builders in the North? I could build it myself no problem but I'm busy with work and other stuff and don't know if I can face a big project at the minute. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s a fukcing Land Rover not a shed ...... 

Everything is going to go up, my pal who has a shipping firm said they are seeing rates of $15000 a 40ft box feom China at the moment and it may go as high as $20,000 !!  They were $3000 for as long

What about a goatskin yurt?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

i`m guessing you`ve looked at new ready mades  ... or even used  ones 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

She’s plenty big enough. Will dismantle into sections but very large van or Luton still required. Access easy...

Yeah ready made ones are 5 months plus waiting time. Not found any decent condition second hand ones. 

9 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

I built a 20x8timber one recently sheeted either side of the frame with osb and insulation between, outside waterproof membrane finished with shiplap  and metal sheet roof. Absolute solid and warm etc but a bit of me wishes I had done block as i dont think the prices would have been much different. 

What do you think it cost you all in? 

Ships container, had to sell my 10ft one when I moved, would have cost £500 to crane it over the back of the house, didn't have much change from the wood shed I got instead of it.

Cost about 12-1500 quid for a decent 10x8x8.

Cheers, D.

Just now, DIDO.1 said:

What type of metal can you use to clad it in? 

They do coloured, corrugated metal cladding mate.

All sorts of colours, all coated so you never need to paint it or any of that.

Its a good job 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Not cheap timber,bricks and blocks are not much  better, you need a decent re,inforced slab to take a block building.

Yeah that's true, dont want to test my slab by putting block on it 

• Like 1