Timber sheds

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s a fukcing Land Rover not a shed ...... 

Everything is going to go up, my pal who has a shipping firm said they are seeing rates of $15000 a 40ft box feom China at the moment and it may go as high as $20,000 !!  They were $3000 for as long

What about a goatskin yurt?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Ships container on a few timbers ? loved mine had a 20footer as well but that sold with the business. Am I tempting you yet? Maintenance free ?

Cheers, D.

If it was possible to crane one in I'd consider it ?

5 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

If it was possible to crane one in I'd consider it ?

Best thing ever for storage, versatility, there's cafes, bars, bike hire, pizza huts etc down here, clad with allsort of finishes, your interested aren't you? ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Thats what Im going to be getting soon

Get a good one mate, don't skimp on condition, they really are the bollocks, most are floored out in decent timber, need a watertight one. Bit of a pain to run juice to cos of the double skin and seals etc but we'll worth it.

I miss my container/s ?

Cheers, D.

If you go timber and cladding, don't insulate between the joist, use a double skin system above the joist.

Any heat in the shed will cause condensation on the cold points, sheet metal to timber, I've had to strip whole roofs that are "leaking" when in fact they have bodged it by insulating between joists..

At the moment cladding is a twat to buy and one of the biggest suppliers in the country aren't even taking orders until Jan 2021 (which is great we have just won 7 units on an estate all speced in their material!!l)

Any how, if you are buying cladding pm me and ill get it for you at my rates if it helps, got accounts all over so should be able to supply you at the very least...

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, baker boy said:
15 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Gonna buy one off the firm that hire out to us, lights and points already installed

Hope you get the best one for the cheapest price ? you won't regret it ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

If you go timber and cladding, don't insulate between the joist, use a double skin system above the joist.

Any heat in the shed will cause condensation on the cold points, sheet metal to timber, I've had to strip whole roofs that are "leaking" when in fact they have bodged it by insulating between joists..

At the moment cladding is a twat to buy and one of the biggest suppliers in the country aren't even taking orders until Jan 2021 (which is great we have just won 7 units on an estate all speced in their material!!l)

Any how, if you are buying cladding pm me and ill get it for you at my rates if it helps, got accounts all over so should be able to supply you at the very least...

Another 2 hours to add to your day mate. ?

Cheers, D.

We used sips to build our sprayshop, its   dead easy  but you'll need two people,  its how I'm going to be doing mine when the time comes.

Probably find them cheaper than this , its just for  reference  

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

The thermal performance of our PU panels exceeds any PIR (Polystyrene) panel both in...

20190215_140547_compress74.jpg

20190409_145956_compress23.jpg

20190215_140443_compress1.jpg

9 minutes ago, kanny said:

We used sips to build our sprayshop, its   dead easy  but you'll need two people,  its how I'm going to be doing mine when the time comes.

Probably find them cheaper than this , its just for  reference  

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

The thermal performance of our PU panels exceeds any PIR (Polystyrene) panel both in...

20190215_140547_compress74.jpg

20190409_145956_compress23.jpg

20190215_140443_compress1.jpg

They look tidy mate, what do you use, like a breathable water proof layer over the top before you clad it ? 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

They look tidy mate, what do you use, like a breathable water proof layer over the top before you clad it ? 

It's a good system  just use 2x4 for the tops and bottom  and  4x4s in-between each panel all screwed together its solid enough 

Yes we used a breathable membrane then clad it all in bitumen corrugated sheets the outside didn't need to be fancy but you could use anything 

• Like 1