Whippet x greys

2 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Haha they're not British the long ear Romans brought em only the blue hare native and pup eat them for breakfast at 7 month ?

??I was meaning the greyhound is foreign so is saluki so is mostly our  quarry ? 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best I’ve owned and seen in the field, bred out of a black working greyhound bitch in Cheshire to Dave Sleights whippet Brindle Sam. Had a pup gifted to me over 12 months back out of her but gave

Its good to hear some Whippet chat...?  These diminutive speedsters were the first dogs that I encountered when we moved from our Holding in rural Wales, to the deep Sarf...? It seemed as though

?Hey, there are dozens of lads who have walked out with me (some of them are on this site) and I'll put good money on the fact that to a man they will ALL say the same thing..."He is a funny old c**t

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Wat u mean mate 

Sorry that wasn’t aimed at you mate. Just folk talking about different lines etc. I would think a whippet x grey would be one of the most straight forward x bred running dogs to get right. Both sides are fast as hell and both sides usually have high prey drive. My only concern would be keeping them in one piece, I’d think most half decent greys x most half decent whippets would make some good sporting little dogs that would have a crack at most stuff and be quick enough to over haul whatever they wanted to get to. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Sorry that wasn’t aimed at you mate. Just folk talking about different lines etc. I would think a whippet x grey would be one of the most straight forward x bred running dogs to get right. Both sides are fast as hell and both sides usually have high prey drive. My only concern would be keeping them in one piece, I’d think most half decent greys x most half decent whippets would make some good sporting little dogs that would have a crack at most stuff and be quick enough to over haul whatever they wanted to get to. 

You're right, in that it aint too hard to produce a decent litter of first cross whippet/greyhounds. No f****r needs 'the best bred greyhounds', or the 'best coursing whippets' to produe a tidy litter.   A couple of old friends and aquaintances of mine did just that, a good few years back now.  Superb, physically capable dogs, that aint too 'mentally demanding', and are 'honest' animals that 'give their all'.  Love em I do.  ?

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Fcuck me them immigrants were sneaking in before anyone realised now look at the country ??

? really all have abit a something in us glad I've stayed off that ancestry ? 

7 hours ago, Trev70 said:

The best I’ve owned and seen in the field, bred out of a black working greyhound bitch in Cheshire to Dave Sleights whippet Brindle Sam. Had a pup gifted to me over 12 months back out of her but gave her back to the lad when she was four months old, what a fecking d,ck I am ?.

9E0C4ECB-E035-48B9-A616-C40997127415.jpeg

Not bad ,but it's not bowline

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

You're right, in that it aint too hard to produce a decent litter of first cross whippet/greyhounds. No f****r needs 'the best bred greyhounds', or the 'best coursing whippets' to produe a tidy litter.   A couple of old friends and aquaintances of mine did just that, a good few years back now.  Superb, physically capable dogs, that aint too 'mentally demanding', and are 'honest' animals that 'give their all'.  Love em I do.  ?

The best ones i have seen in the past have always been the first crosses to be honest and were blessed with the whippets recovery and to a degree their stamina i honestly think the cross was produced in my area year's ago because hare's could be found in number's on any surrounding farmland and on every pit spoil heap in the area and the small pure whippets were found to be on the small side for consistently knocking hare's over for the pot as in the 70s on some of the land around me hare's were more common quarry than rabbits.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

The best ones i have seen in the past have always been the first crosses to be honest and were blessed with the whippets recovery and to a degree their stamina i honestly think the cross was produced in my area year's ago because hare's could be found in number's on any surrounding farmland and on every pit spoil heap in the area and the small pure whippets were found to be on the small side for consistently knocking hare's over for the pot as in the 70s on some of the land around me hare's were more common quarry than rabbits.

Yep, the first crosses I've seen have been belters.  And like you say, even though they wouldn't have had a saluki cross/type stamina, some of them had a good amount of stamina, and the speed was obviously there.

I wish there was more game to go at around us back then, we had to travel regularly to work our dogs, and hares being ubundant would've been like being in heaven!  Lol.

Very good, uncomplicated 'honest' dogs.  ?

• Like 3

Ive seen KC Whippets coursing under rules and although a few slips are no goers with the Hare just beating them there was some fantastic coursing. It was manly in the Cotswolds with high stone walls in places, but that didnt stop the Hare or the Whippets, which were sometimes no bigger than the Hare. The Stamina of these Whippets was very good aswell. I imagine the Whip/Greys to be lethal on Hares!

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Ive seen KC Whippets coursing under rules and although a few slips are no goers with the Hare just beating them there was some fantastic coursing. It was manly in the Cotswolds with high stone walls in places, but that didnt stop the Hare or the Whippets, which were sometimes no bigger than the Hare. The Stamina of these Whippets was very good aswell. I imagine the Whip/Greys to be lethal on Hares!

These we dog's can do it ok mate it's all about getting the right whippet greyhound once they get into the hare with this bitch anyhow there's not much the hare could do stuck to them like Glue now iam not saying hares at 200 yards iam saying hunting hares not coursing them 

20200330_142432.jpg

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

These we dog's can do it ok mate it's all about getting the right whippet greyhound once they get into the hare with this bitch anyhow there's not much the hare could do stuck to them like Glue now iam not saying hares at 200 yards iam saying hunting hares not coursing them 

20200330_142432.jpg

These we dog's Put the hare under Pressure right away they are working the hare the hare is not working them if u know [BANNED TEXT] I mean lads 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

20200330_142432.jpg

Look like Irish hares are they ?

• Like 1