• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just (04:45) heard my first cuckoo of the year ? Cheers, D.  

If like me small thing's like this brighten the day up.

Posted Images

I was talking to the grandmother of two of the kids I used to teach the other day about birds you don't see any more. She asked me when was the last time I'd heard a cuckoo to which I joked, "Every day...it's the message alert on my phone."?

However, the reason I have it as my message alert is because it reminds me of Dartmoor in May as that's the only place I get to see them now. Should be going there at half term...as long as restrictions continue to be lifted.?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

If like me small thing's like this brighten the day up.

Not heard one for years I have to make do with a Robin sitting 4 eggs up the allotment in a plant pot smithie was going to put the pics up

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Neal said:

I was talking to the grandmother of two of the kids I used to teach the other day about birds you don't see any more. She asked me when was the last time I'd heard a cuckoo to which I joked, "Every day...it's the message alert on my phone."?

However, the reason I have it as my message alert is because it reminds me of Dartmoor in May as that's the only place I get to see them now. Should be going there at half term...as long as restrictions continue to be lifted.?

Your right Neal if I want to hear a Cuckoo I have to go up to Dartmoor they only seem to be on the high ground now. Bone hill rocks and the sandy track that go's under Bell Tor out towards Chinkwell tor above Widecombe is a good place to hear them. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Your right Neal if I want to hear a Cuckoo I have to go up to Dartmoor they only seem to be on the high ground now. Bone hill rocks and the sandy track that go's under Bell Tor out towards Chinkwell tor above Widecombe is a good place to hear them. 

Cheers Arry

Thanks for the tip.?

The place I stay in is Belstone and you get quite a few around Taw Marsh, presumably because of the meadow pipits. My son and I saw a merlin there a few years ago too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neal said:

Ditto, it’s my alert too, mainly due to my interest in them. Love to study them in summer ??