Sale pitch

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Chihuahua must the fastest over 10 yds then aye lol

a big dog soon into stride with bigger strides 

Your telling me a 3/4 whippet 1/4 bull faster off mark then a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull lol

Need a decent Chihuahua stud dog asap then we'll have some proper dogs next season ?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many a man that do foxes week in week out added whippet to there line. If you think about it, it actually makes perfect sense as to why you'd add it. Who wouldn't want a dog to take off faster and tur

Phone call lad got some bull greyhound x whippet pups for sale , what's parent doing , just rabbits but do a fox if had chance,  my reply I'd f**k all of little mix if got chance but that's never goin

Lets be honest how many bull crosses could do 3 or 4 in a night 3/4 times a week?I spent many years lamping regularly with different lads with bull crosses containing all the famous lines you hear abo

Posted Images

11 hours ago, nothernlite said:

The guy i hot my we bedfy whippet from thats all used for fox was bedfy whippets and killed plenty as he says why  have a big cross for a 16lb fox we fast and agile dog catches better on the hill scree and steep hill than a big heavy dog 

That's true, we would catch f all with bigger dogs in the steep hill country around the Central Tablelands here. Whippet lurchers rule here.

4 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

think that depends on the job in question personally; rabbiting ,yes but most other stuff id rather a good big one for being able to use more regular and being more efficient 

Yeah it's a furlitious point ,dependent on how it's segregated of course 

23 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's true, we would catch f all with bigger dogs in the steep hill country around the Central Tablelands here. Whippet lurchers rule here.

Wouldn’t last a night out on the big wetland over here ? 

2 minutes ago, Sirblessed said:

Greyhound vs Whippet speed

Greyhounds are one of the fastest dog breeds and can reach speeds of 40-45 miles per hour. Whippets and Salukis,, sometimes known as the Arabian Greyhound are also very fast with Whippets reaching speeds of 35 miles per hour. Greyhounds may be the fastest breed but Whippets are the fastest accelerating dog in the world. https://www.rover.com/blog/uk/greyhound-vs-whippet-whats-the-difference/  over 40m your greyhound is eating dust

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sirblessed said:

i wouldnt pay any intrest to a site like that mate....

its an interesting discussion ...which is faster over a short distance or acceleration ....i honestly dont know the answer...

however i think hunting and racing are very different ....as is quick thinking....when you watch a good racing grey leave a trap i would be very surprised if a whippet could match it....but on the other side when a rabbit leaves a hole i would be surprised if a grey could match a whippet or very whippety type lurcher....

its a good question for the greyhound and whippet racers on this site.....max charts breeze or any others ....what has been the outcome when whipps and greys have been raced together....must be some data out there   

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i wouldnt pay any intrest to a site like that mate....

its an interesting discussion ...which is faster over a short distance or acceleration ....i honestly dont know the answer...

however i think hunting and racing are very different ....as is quick thinking....when you watch a good racing grey leave a trap i would be very surprised if a whippet could match it....but on the other side when a rabbit leaves a hole i would be surprised if a grey could match a whippet or very whippety type lurcher....

its a good question for the greyhound and whippet racers on this site.....max charts breeze or any others ....what has been the outcome when whipps and greys have been raced together....must be some data out there   

Scratch racers are bigger and need no start to win races against smaller whippets.

Back in the 60s   i saw a small Whippet Bitch catch 12 Winter Rabbits on the bounce ! they were not in a beam or been or bolted by Ferrets they had been put up by a Spaniel from Hedge's and Woodlands at a place called Mount , St , Bernards Abbey near Whitwick , for Rabbiting in the Midlands i have never saw a dog that come close to it ..

• Like 2

I've written before about a very small racing grey bitch we had when I was young. She was smaller than my whippet lurchers and was never beaten out of the box, she won a lot of races, city and country. I put it down to her smaller more muscular build. I still doubt she was quicker than my blue whippet/staghound, off the mark or longer run.