4 minutes ago, Borr said:

Something a bit different, 4 lamb shanks with thyme rosemary and garlic and a few other bits , maybe a splash of liquid later on. 4-5 hour cook...

IMG_20220903_133558678_HDR.jpg

Beautiful they will just fall off the bone I like anything lamb ?

• Like 1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Borr said:

Same here , slow shoulder is great for pulled lamb wraps with a garlic sour cream...mmmm

Just saying to my wife it makes a helluva difference if you have a decent butchers the one I go to is a bit hit & miss, I think you mentioned previously that you get your meat from these guys looks amazing. 

VEYSEYSBUTCHERS.CO.UK

Veyseys Butchers of Cullompton, grass fed, locally sourced meats for over 130 years. All of our meats can be traced from farm gate to plate.

3 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Just saying to my wife it makes a helluva difference if you have a decent butchers the one I go to is a bit hit & miss, I think you mentioned previously that you get your meat from these guys looks amazing. 

VEYSEYSBUTCHERS.CO.UK

Veyseys Butchers of Cullompton, grass fed, locally sourced meats for over 130 years. All of our meats can be traced from farm gate to plate.

I've had decent from veyseys , but only went.couple of times , got stung by parking nearby. My go to butcher is these guys.. 

BUTCHR.CO.UK

Devon Butchers, Cullompton Butchers & Willand Butchers...

They cater for smokehouses and restaurants throughout Devon, dry age all their own meat, can get a sack of wing for £12 or 32 Oz rump for £16 or try some fancy ribeye or full brisket , pork collar, ribs, etc. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borr said:

I've had decent from veyseys , but only went.couple of times , got stung by parking nearby. My go to butcher is these guys.. 

BUTCHR.CO.UK

Devon Butchers, Cullompton Butchers & Willand Butchers...

They cater for smokehouses and restaurants throughout Devon, dry age all their own meat, can get a sack of wing for £12 or 32 Oz rump for £16 or try some fancy ribeye or full brisket , pork collar, ribs, etc. 

Best of both worlds two decent butchers to choose from the latter does look very good though and good value.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
45 minutes ago, Borr said:

Delmonico or beef neck or chuck.... My butcher sells it as a Delmonico low and slow.... Almost done here's the start of it at 11am...

IMG_20230408_104256592_HDR.jpg

Nice one...interested in how that comes out ?

I did a shawama yesterday and I'm doing Cypriot chicken tonight,  just gone on 

20230407_184119.jpg

20230407_190121_resized.jpg

20230407_200433.jpg

20230408_174625.jpg

• Like 6
3 hours ago, kanny said:

Nice one...interested in how that comes out ?

I did a shawama yesterday and I'm doing Cypriot chicken tonight,  just gone on 

20230407_184119.jpg

20230407_190121_resized.jpg

20230407_200433.jpg

20230408_174625.jpg

Looks spot on kanny, I was too late for a picture really but my kids destroyed it I've been left this bit , note to self don't power nap whilst meat rests ?, its very similar to brisket, saves forking out on a huge piece of meat , that was 1.5kg which is enough for us. It's more like brisket than ribeye , decent.

IMG_20230408_211903924_HDR.jpg.1d101ddca38dd627f7d5634aeb083eca.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, Borr said:

Looks spot on kanny, I was too late for a picture really but my kids destroyed it I've been left this bit , note to self don't power nap whilst meat rests ?, its very similar to brisket, saves forking out on a huge piece of meat , that was 1.5kg which is enough for us. It's more like brisket than ribeye , decent.

IMG_20230408_211903924_HDR.jpg.1d101ddca38dd627f7d5634aeb083eca.jpg

Nice one ?  I'll ask my butcher next time I'm in , been looking for something different 

The Cypriot chicken I did tonight 

20230408_192638.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, kanny said:

Nice one ?  I'll ask my butcher next time I'm in , been looking for something different 

The Cypriot chicken I did tonight 

20230408_192638.jpg

Spot on, what's the spices in that? I bought a whole lamb shoulder so will update tomorrow, but for lamb I go the rosemary/sage type of herb rub, my beef gets salt pepper sugar with a bit of other spices. I've eased back off garlic powder after ruining a steak a while back . My loose version of shawarma is the turmeric cumin etc, the dry ones, my lot love it I prefer skin on thighs with some chilli garlic paprika flavour, not that I'm big on chicken , I prefer beef lamb and Costco salt and chilli belly slices that I've failed to replicate as yet....