21 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Yeah I suppose your right it looks simple enough when I clean mine it all comes apart in seconds, as long as it gets you through today ?

Having a overdue overhaul,  all looks good apart from the motor issue,  apparently is a very common issue and one you pit boss owners should keep a eye on,  its a fairly simple fix  that just involves making a supporting bracket for the motor,  its a poor design with the pit boss if I'm honest,  I'll get the bracket done first and try it with this motor but I think this motor unit is shot.

20220603_114541.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

@kanny cheers mate well worth bearing when I have to do mine, alway the same with moving parts they break, coincidentally I’ve been A&E this morning my knee collapsed yesterday bit of an ongoing problem my knees shagged worst moving part in your body for wear and tear life catching up with me ?

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

@kanny cheers mate well worth bearing when I have to do mine, alway the same with moving parts they break, coincidentally I’ve been A&E this morning my knee collapsed yesterday bit of an ongoing problem my knees shagged worst moving part in your body for wear and tear life catching up with me ?

Bloody hell , not good hopefully they can sort it for you , take it steady, all the best. ?

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Nipped up the hardware store and  got a few bits ...it work a treat but the motor unit is indeed shot ...it works intermittently then starts slipping a gear must have damaged the gear when it twisted out of position ,ahh well I'll get one ordered,  shame you couldn't nip up the hardware store for your knee,  my mum was the same her knee would just collapse,  hope you get it sorted soon ?

20220603_134140.jpg

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Borr said:

Money shot cumin and turmeric chicken , with oil, cider vinegar, smoked paprika, salt and pepper touch of nutmeg....

IMG_20220603_183641591_HDR.jpg

? ? looks delicious 

There's a huge BBQ event downtown, 4 day event, dozens of hog roast stands, really good atmosphere, American stands are funny with shouts of "Rack on" and "Yehawwww" when they throw ribs on the grill. I saw Hog Heaven, the guy said when a pig goes in there its going to hoggie heaven ?

IMG_20220604_180550.jpg

IMG_20220604_180619_1.jpg

IMG_20220604_204611.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Been an interesting thread, the food looks spot on even the salads and side dressings look mouth watering 

just wondered which youtube channels you guys follow for knowledge and inspiration ?

On 03/06/2022 at 18:39, Borr said:

Money shot cumin and turmeric chicken , with oil, cider vinegar, smoked paprika, salt and pepper touch of nutmeg....

IMG_20220603_183641591_HDR.jpg

Borr that looks seriously good mate ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Been an interesting thread, the food looks spot on even the salads and side dressings look mouth watering 

just wondered which youtube channels you guys follow for knowledge and inspiration ?

Food with nick is a good place to start,  he's clear and precise  without being over energetic lol he covers the basics really well imo.

Others are ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Borr that looks seriously good mate ?

In truth I've had better , I need to start writing down stuff, it was a little overpowering, burnt ends are too sweet , brisket too long a cook and expensive, ribs too expensive for meat , collar too dry I'd still say my favourite is Costco belly pork slices with salt and chilli..... Missus likes chicken kids love pork shoulder steaks ...

Just now, Borr said:

In truth I've had better , I need to start writing down stuff, it was a little overpowering, burnt ends are too sweet , brisket too long a cook and expensive, ribs too expensive for meat , collar too dry I'd still say my favourite is Costco belly pork slices with salt and chilli..... Missus likes chicken kids love pork shoulder steaks ...

We’ve got a little book we keep with times temperatures rubs ect but if done right you can’t beat belly of pork for being moreish it’s delicious. 

• Like 1
Just now, FLATTOP said:

We’ve got a little book we keep with times temperatures rubs ect but if done right you can’t beat belly of pork for being moreish it’s delicious. 

Mate I render it for an hour or so then fire the thing up as much as possible and caramelise it ? 

• Like 1