12 minutes ago, Borr said:

Spot on, what's the spices in that? I bought a whole lamb shoulder so will update tomorrow, but for lamb I go the rosemary/sage type of herb rub, my beef gets salt pepper sugar with a bit of other spices. I've eased back off garlic powder after ruining a steak a while back . My loose version of shawarma is the turmeric cumin etc, the dry ones, my lot love it I prefer skin on thighs with some chilli garlic paprika flavour, not that I'm big on chicken , I prefer beef lamb and Costco salt and chilli belly slices that I've failed to replicate as yet....

The Mr's makes the Cypriot chicken its her "thing" I just cooked it lol there's feta,basil,chilli, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes olives lemon juiceand zest a bit of oliveoil...im off the red meat at the moment, getting over a gout attack lol...I'll be back! ? 

• Like 2

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Looks good mate...give us some details...what is it lamb?...what's on it...and how long is it cooking

Shoulder of lamb , couple of kg, rub was basic, base was vegetable salt, ground black pepper, sage, thyme , fresh rosemary, pinch of cumin, turmeric, whatever you got , lots of brown sugar , smoother shoulder in decent oil, sprinkle rub over rub it in pat it a bit I sit it on foil to catch juices and fat a bit , it went on at 10 am at about 225/250f probably give it five hours see what internal temp is doing might wrap it to finish for a couple of hours. Was going to be a precook for a cooked dinner tomorrow but might have pittas tonight and dinner tomorrow ??

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Your killing me here ?... I'll be doing some form of chicken again,  might do another shawarma.

My mate has gout he's spent a fair bit of time experimenting on what aggravates it , beer food etc. He's on meds for it , I'm guessing you know that red meat is affecting it?. Another mate is chicken mad he's gone full rotisserie , I do hotwings regularly for the missus, triple dipped in hot sauce and cooked to death. Those toffee apple drumsticks you do always look good too? 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kanny said:

The Mr's makes the Cypriot chicken its her "thing" I just cooked it lol there's feta,basil,chilli, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes olives lemon juiceand zest a bit of oliveoil...im off the red meat at the moment, getting over a gout attack lol...I'll be back! ? 

What you taking for the gout ? A fellow suffere ,its not nice is it ! 

1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

What you taking for the gout ? A fellow suffere ,its not nice is it ! 

Its horrible I feel for ya lol..I just  take etoricoxib a anti inflammatory when I have a flare up... its the 3 rib steaks and two legs of lamb in the space of a couple of weeks that did it lol,I was picking up some good deals and couldn't say no ,my own fault I knew I was pushing it and paid the price...I can't take the daily med as it messes with another med I'm on but if I keep it real with what I'm eating I can normally avoid it. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

I'm on a blood thinner so can't take an anti inflammatory, not sussed what triggers it yet 

Beer , too much red meat ,pork pies and marmite are mine.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, kanny said:

Beer , too much red meat ,pork pies and marmite are mine.

When I've got a flair up I'd happily give up anything, amazing how quickly you forget when it subsides ,oh a steak and a few beers won't hurt !!! Lol

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick one , that's taking an age tonight, also picked up a small brisket and some meaty pork ribs , got wings to go on after these lot , minty lamb riblets BBQ chicken deathly hot chicken....

IMG_20230421_172931380_HDR.jpg

• Like 3