Sick of the doom and gloom and childish arguing

10 hours ago, poxon said:

Living the dream pal ??one day that’s what I want to do live on a canal narrow boat 

I first thought about it in my 20s mate but life got in the way, the dream never went away and now I,ve finally done it at nearly 60 so keep the dream alive though I,ve gone widebeam now I have more baggage and need a bit more comfort ?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

been living in a building site now for 3 weeks....kitchen ripped out plaster of all the downstairs rooms....plasters supposed to come 3 week ago....came friday for the first time....done two rooms...

Scotland beat england ?

I wake up in the morning, that'll do me ? Cheers, D.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

I first thought about it in my 20s mate but life got in the way, the dream never went away and now I,ve finally done it at nearly 60 so keep the dream alive though I,ve gone widebeam now I have more baggage and need a bit more comfort ?

Nearly had the dream once it was about 6months in sight id split up with me bird at the time lived in me motor for a bit saved up like mad then went back to mum an dads as they got a bit worried about me id gone a bit awol the plan was get a boat live the dream instead got with me bird lost track of time settled down had a few kids gotta wait till they’ve all left home an there standing on there own 2feet then the dream will happen. Don’t know what it is about canal boats that does it for me but I like the fact you can just up an move about with nice views with a relatively cheap way of living the wild life is also another bonus plus being off grid. Your defo living the dream fella all the best??

• Like 3
On 07/02/2021 at 10:04, TOMO said:

been living in a building site now for 3 weeks....kitchen ripped out plaster of all the downstairs rooms....plasters supposed to come 3 week ago....came friday for the first time....done two rooms...

so living upstairs....no room to make meals properly ...litter of pups on...which is more work....and one of the two pups i have kept broke its leg last week...

now saying all of the above me and my family are all fit and well and healthy.....the above is nothing more than a hickup on lifes jurney....few more weeks and it will be done...

thats bad luck with your one pup Tomo , what will you do get rid of it to a pet home .? dogs/ pups are going for  daft prices right now, spoke to bloke yesterday  who bred a litter of working welsh springer  spaniel , they went for £ 2 grand  a pup , 8 pups think he said  all went to working homes, forget fookin lurchers,    it gundogs  you need today  lol

no keeping it...I've kept two...it's a clean break between the foot and the knee on a rear leg....I'm hoping it will heal and she can have a full working life....couldn't get rid of her anyway..my youngest boy picked her at a few days old....and was/ is forever carrying her around..

funny enough though she's the most racy looking one in the litter you wouldn't think there was any collie in her ...she looks like a grew already

On 07/02/2021 at 14:15, OldPhil said:

I've just had my Covid Jab,..very slick and efficient work by the Nurse...?

Now we are off out to harass a few shushis with the dogs...

I feel strangely empowered,....'onwards and upwards' now, eh.?

well done phil , not sure when i get mine, i am 68 now , be 69  the 1st august  , there lot more older people than me who need the jab right now .?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, bird said:

well done phil , not sure when i get mine, i am 68 now , be 69  the 1st august  , there lot more older people than me who need the jab right now .?

I'm 69 and the missus is 68, Ray. Just had a phone call, offering us both the jab at 10:30 Thursday morning.

Cheers.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I'm 69 and the missus is 68, Ray. Just had a phone call, offering us both the jab at 10:30 Thursday morning.

Cheers.

get in there  charts, take it when its offered  mate, and look after her in doors , she been a good'un for you .?

• Like 2