What's cooking?

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

many years ago in norwich jamy oliver opened up a small resteraunt .....it was horrifically expensive and always totally packed out........then all of a sudden people stopped going...then couple of weeks later it closed...never to be seen again..

these type of places have a shelf life..

I suppose that a lot of people will visit , just for experience. The problem for the restaurant owner , is that once you've had that experience,  you probably won't go back.

• Like 1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

couple of things stavross you need a bigger plate,mack stop trying to kid a kidder nobody could afford to eat the sheer amount you and your good lady put away unless they were very well heeled

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
44 minutes ago, mackem said:

Greasy spoon breakfast, industrial estate cafe this morning in the rain. 

IMG_20240312_102948.jpg

IMG_20240312_103420.jpg

Yes but I bet you had half a pound of truffles in that omelette instead of mushrooms 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, ditchman said:

mondaystir fry...........put in a large handful of fine chopped sweetheart cabbage.....it cooked down to nuthin :shok:

P1010062mn.jpg

P1010061mn.jpg

i like the look of food you do your very creative

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mr moocher said:

i like the look of food you do your very creative

like the rest of you on here ...it is important for the food to look nice before i eat it.................some of what you boys put up on here is effin mouthwatering :good:...even if it is just plain and simple......

tomorrow im doing good old 1960's farm worker food...if it turns out alright i will post it up

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

like the rest of you on here ...it is important for the food to look nice before i eat it.................some of what you boys put up on here is effin mouthwatering :good:...even if it is just plain and simple......

tomorrow im doing good old 1960's farm worker food...if it turns out alright i will post it up

What’s that consist of ditch?

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Any olives for me mate,I ain’t fussy,I just like olives.

It's just that I've been eating a few more olives, the last few months, after you told me to broaden my horizons, lol.

But there's a fair amount of salt in the brining/pickling process involved.

Was looking for unsalted olives, and the 1st ones that came up were kalamata olives, but at £6 for 250 grams, I baulked at the final purchasing process, and forced myself to stop tapping my finger on 'proceed with order'.  Lol

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

It's just that I've been eating a few more olives, the last few months, after you told me to broaden my horizons, lol.

But there's a fair amount of salt in the brining/pickling process involved.

Was looking for unsalted olives, and the 1st ones that came up were kalamata olives, but at £6 for 250 grams, I baulked at the final purchasing process, and forced myself to stop tapping my finger on 'proceed with order'.  Lol

I actually quite like the bitter brine taste,you almost turned me the other day,I could smell bacon frying and for a second or so thought that smells quite nice till an inner voice whispered “That’s haram bro” lol

• Haha 1