What's cooking?

On 11/02/2024 at 17:46, Arry said:

Lamb Roast. Lamb from a farm one mile away last of my frozen runner beads but my purple sprouting is going mad.

IMG_3135.jpeg.b700726bf414675838ba9e9cb65cda11.jpeg

Cheers Arry

This, to me, is a perfect dinner!  Meat, potatoes, colourful veg and gravy.  The sort of stuff that would, if eaten every day, vastly improve the health of this nation.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of food, healthy, home grown, raw, junk, fresh, fried, processed......all of it!  But, I wonder what most kids are being fed on these days?  Are those of you who are parents, teaching your kids by example what to eat and how to grow/source and cook it? I fear that a lot of kids, well even those in their 20s and 30s, who are now raising the next generation, have lost that ability to nourish themselves and their kids.  Baby formula from birth, then processed food from jars/pouches, followed by ready meals and takeaways?

Any thoughts?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, littlefish said:

This, to me, is a perfect dinner!  Meat, potatoes, colourful veg and gravy.  The sort of stuff that would, if eaten every day, vastly improve the health of this nation.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of food, healthy, home grown, raw, junk, fresh, fried, processed......all of it!  But, I wonder what most kids are being fed on these days?  Are those of you who are parents, teaching your kids by example what to eat and how to grow/source and cook it? I fear that a lot of kids, well even those in their 20s and 30s, who are now raising the next generation, have lost that ability to nourish themselves and their kids.  Baby formula from birth, then processed food from jars/pouches, followed by ready meals and takeaways?

Any thoughts?

Totally agree with you littlefish, however fate can be unkind, my wife is a farmers daughter so was brought up on that type (as i was we had a smallholding) of food so of course....she hates it!  As a bachelor i cooked that type of food weekly, no point cooking it for my other half!! Cheers. Aled 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, littlefish said:

Any thoughts?

Wise words my friend I'm convinced if more people ate fresh cooked veg I am sure the heath of the people of this country would be better off for it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Made a country pie, with local ingredients. Bit of a mix of UK and European influence. Quite nice 👌 Proper UK ingredients are rather hard to come by where I live, so it’s a bit of both worlds.

IMG_4330.jpeg

• Like 6
Just now, mackem said:

I don’t even eat pork,but that looked fantastic,he is an entertainer,and that’s very well filmed.

Some good stuff on his channel 👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Arry said:

I bought a dressed Crab as a Valentines treat for Wifey. I got it home and remembered she don't like crab oh well cant waste it.

IMG_3154.jpeg.ee1a733e70eb57492e5f019f0ec267af.jpeg

Cheers Arry

I did something similar once....but with a 2 man bivvy,2 bedchairs and 2 ,5 season sleeping bags....mrs told me a bottle of red would of done😁

• Haha 5