What's cooking?

21 minutes ago, ditchman said:

nothing wrong with tinned spuds...........(if one can affordthem)......great for curries and slowcooker stuff

No !…I’m sorry I am not having that…no excuse. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jeemes said:

Whats wrong with tinned carrots n peas? 

2 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Whats wrong with tinned carrots n peas? 

Well apart from the fat , salt and other crap that’s added, I guess nothing young Jeemes…..c’mon use your noggin .

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

when i do mashed carrots with black pepper butter and sherry i always adda tin of baby carrots

goes well with roast pheasant

Ok well please refrain from now on :nono:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, bell said:

Lovely mate, had a couple of last seasons Teal myself tonight…..favourite bird. 

Teal are superb eating and by Christ they can move. Like jet plane going over your head at dusk. Don’t know if you should shoot or hit the deck 

12 hours ago, bell said:

Ps….apologies, another mark deducted for the spuds…they also look tinned…up your game please

Correct on both counts, Batchelors tinned peas and carrots and spuds.

Cooking for one with no idea what time I'm gonna eat makes it easier, plus them spuds are the best out there, like Jersey Royals 👍

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Correct on both counts, Batchelors tinned peas and carrots and spuds.

Cooking for one with no idea what time I'm gonna eat makes it easier, plus them spuds are the best out there, like Jersey Royals 👍

Cheers, D.

I always keep a couple of tins of spuds on the shelf, for occasional use, tasty with Faggots peas and gravy! 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bell said:

Well apart from the fat , salt and other crap that’s added, I guess nothing young Jeemes…..c’mon use your noggin .

Not ideal maybe, but lets not be snobs, youve still got the fibre in the veg and theyre handy at busy times.

6 hours ago, Aled said:

I always keep a couple of tins of spuds on the shelf, for occasional use, tasty with Faggots peas and gravy! 

Always got a few tins in the motorhome....fry them in some oil,few herbs ,knock a quick meal up with some fresh caught bass/makerel then👍

• Like 2
20 hours ago, ditchman said:

nothing wrong with tinned spuds...........(if one can affordthem)......great for curries and slowcooker stuff

I like to cook fresh veggies, preferably straight from the allotment, but I admit to really liking tinned tatties, sliced and fried, and they are incredibly cheap, less than 50p a tin from the likes of Lidl.

Cheers.

• Like 1