Deerhound

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my Cooklands bred first cross Deerhound/Greyhound,he was 10yrs last month just under 31tts which to me has not hampered him(watch Axel on Lurcher Mania) he has worked/works certain types of cove

Real deerhound crosses...... Cheers.  

Wheatan/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

i remember the first time he went to the fen max...im sure he killed two out of 3 that day...which i think was the day my Sally blanked ...and that bolton bullet ...had what seemed like a 10 min run....

4 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

That dog was def 29” if not bigger and he could kill hares daytime mid winter and get down for bunny’s on the lamp.

If they have good confirmation size to a extent ain’t a barrier .

Alas I doubt if you can find a deerhound dog of 29 inches? You'd be lucky to find a bitch of that these days.

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Alas I doubt if you can find a deerhound dog of 29 inches? You'd be lucky to find a bitch of that these days.

That one i had was easily around that mark. Wouldnt have another for a gift personally there just not for me but was good on a rabbit believe it or not ?

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

There will be good genuine deerhound bitches out there somewhere 

These need breeding to Wheaton x Greyhounds

Beddy x Greyhounds

Pure Greyhounds 

And take things from there.

If Deerhound bitches are used that should help keep the size down instead of using deerhound dogs over

Wheaton X  or Beddy X bitches .

Like the idea of beddy xs to deerhound x greyhounds scruffy racey dogs who can do a bit

ive got a young bitch here with deerhound in her breeding on both sides you couldn’t see it but it’s in there but it was way back it was put in I’m guessing back in the day deerhound xs were put in to most run of the mill working Lurchers till they dropped from favour because of more tailored dogs for jobs 

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Prob for the exact reason I’m saying put in decent greyhound - Beddy - Greyhound or Wheaton Greyhound .

Modern deerhounds  can be improved on but are worth improving on for the enthusiast of that type is all I’m saying 

Totally different answer to the question I asked. 

in reality the deerhound has had its day as a working breed . The staunchest of owners would agree with that . 

I reckon they’ll be good for taking nice moody snaps on the Pennines but for genuine graft , they’ve had their day . 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

in reality the deerhound has had its day as a working breed . The staunchest of owners would agree with that . 

I reckon they’ll be good for taking nice moody snaps on the Pennines but for genuine graft , they’ve had their day . 

Kin el fella, I don't know why you ask anyone anything on this site. You already have all the answers, and even when people tell you what they've seen with their own eyes, you call them liars, because 'you' haven't seen it lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

f**k the pennines, true Scottish Highland hills covered in snow.?

Just now, shaaark said:

Kin el fella, I don't know why you ask anyone anything on this site. You already have all the answers, and even when people tell you what they've seen with their own eyes, you call them liars, because 'you' haven't seen 

believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear .