Deerhound

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my Cooklands bred first cross Deerhound/Greyhound,he was 10yrs last month just under 31tts which to me has not hampered him(watch Axel on Lurcher Mania) he has worked/works certain types of cove

Real deerhound crosses...... Cheers.  

Wheatan/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.  

Posted Images

Now, I don't Champion the deerhound or its cross any more than the Beddy, Saluki, whippet, whatever.

Ive owned a lot of crosses and pure, good and bad.

The deer x bitch I have now done EXACTLY what I brought her in for, and I had ten seasons of enjoyment from her.

There seems to be a lot of people with negative views on them, that's fine, I don't like collie or bull crosses, I keep what I like and am happy with.

I wonder how many decent deer crosses people have actually seen work, and I don't mean heard about, I mean actually been out with them a few times and watched them do their job ?

Im in the market for one, possibly two, new dogs. Will they be deer crosses ? Who knows, if I could guarantee they would be as good as the one I've got now, I be in like a shot.

But I'm not kennel or breed blind, I just missed out on a 3/4 Saluki / 1/4 Greyhound a few weeks back, I would have had it but for circumstances beyond my control.

I had a 15 year old Beddy type put down not long ago, I'd have another like it any time.

So, I don't know what I will end up, but I wouldn't discount anything.

Cheers.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear . 

Well, by the amount of cynicism, disbelief, and skepticism on three quarters of your lurcher posts, I don't believe you've really seen that many crosses/types actually working. 

There are plenty of deer/greys and deerhound blooded dogs around that are still working to a good enough standard, that their owners are more than happy enough with. But because you've not seen them, there can't be? Lol.

• Like 1
Just now, shaaark said:

Well, by the amount of cynicism, disbelief, and skepticism on three quarters of your lurcher posts, I don't believe you've really seen that many crosses/types actually working. 

There are plenty of deer/greys and deerhound blooded dogs around that are still working to a good enough standard, that their owners are more than happy enough with. But because you've not seen them, there can't be? Lol.

oh behave 

Nope , to be honest I’ve never really rated them as a serious lurcher type . For batting around throwing stuff in front of them , lamping , a bit of rough coursing about . The deerhound is conspicuous by its absence for the overwhelming majority to it . 

I know of a few Scottish lads who’ve had them and they’ve always came unstuck with injury or turning the head at a younger age than you’d expect . 

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ah that old classic you keep punting .

As I said, 'all the answers' lol.

Hey, you know in jetro's thread about the reset, you could be THL leader/savior. You've definitely done more, seen more, experienced more, visited more countries, and had 10 x more vaccinations than all of us. You're a veritable hercules. What do you say, 'oh great one'?

6 minutes ago, C.green said:

Shark do you keep collie crosses ? 

i cant remember the mans name but was there someone not flat out mullering hill deer with deerhound crosses a few fellers on this sitecstayed with him said dogs done all he said

Tom riley.

But if stiffy never saw them, the man was lying ?

Edited by shaaark
Just now, shaaark said:

As I said, 'all the answers' lol.

Hey, you know in jetro's thread about the reset, you could be THL leader/savior. You've definitely done more, seen more, experienced more, visited more countries, and had 10 x more vaccinations than all of us. You're a veritable hercules. What do you say, 'oh great one'?

Don’t be facetious it doesn’t suit you . 

ive had a lot more vaccinations than most as that’s my line of work . 

ive been to a myriad of countries . Less than some , more than others . 

ive never been a beach holiday person ,  I prefer to do things , I’ve skydived for a month in California,  climbed Kilimanjaro, been around a bit of Europe , been away , but now I have a young family so I prefer to take them about places with me day to day

I try to improve myself a little further each day  by one thing . Weather that’s an essay , or learning a new maths skill , or something as easy as an extra half hour with the kids . 

but then again , if all you can Chuck  at me is such reasoning , perhaps that’s more a reflection on you than I . ?

• Like 2
Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Don’t be facetious it doesn’t suit you . 

ive had a lot more vaccinations than most as that’s my line of work . 

ive been to a myriad of countries . Less than some , more than others . 

ive never been a beach holiday person ,  I prefer to do things , I’ve skydived for a month in California,  climbed Kilimanjaro, been around a bit of Europe , been away , but now I have a young family so I prefer to take them about places with me day to day

I try to improve myself a little further each day  by one thing . Weather that’s an essay , or learning a new maths skill , or something as easy as an extra half hour with the kids . 

but then again , if all you can Chuck  at me is such reasoning , perhaps that’s more a reflection on you than I . ?

Hehehe you're so humble, it's refreshing lol. Some of us, me included, don't need to sound off about what we've done, where we've been, what we've caught with our dogs etc etc. 

For example, I don't have one photograph of any of my dog' catches. Never took any, ever. I must be lying, I've no photographs lol