Ferreting with brandon and lamping with Ella

18 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuking shooting ???

Easy to wipe a pop of bunnies with a gun and night vision ;)

I remember gan ferreting with our Jess, she'd be around 4 or 5 and we caught one rabbit all day (I missed a very good bolt hole and didn't cover it with the nets)..... one of the best days ever, smile on her face holding dinner can't be paid for ?

Big bags are for control, extra cash, food or Billy big bollocks photo opps ?

I miss a day shivering with the dogs waiting for a bolt.

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the end of the day this site is filled with drivel and arguments most of the time and pretty much no talk of actual hunting whatsoever! Whenever folk put videos or reports  up, people rip into them

Shooting is boring as shit I don’t find it sporting or as interesting as using a sporting dog you have trained your self to catch em for you far better adrenaline rush an interesting to watch but each

What do you contribute other than talking shit ? 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Easy to wipe a pop of bunnies with a gun and night vision 

As previously stated that is why I dont have thermal and nv , I lamp so that there are always lamp shy rabbits left to breed ? by definition big bags mean there are plenty rabbits , I am there to do a job controlling rabbits for the farmers and that is what I do but saying that I never wipe them out , get consistent numbers . Jealousy also plays a part as I'm sure everyone would like access to plenty of rabbits but I know that's not possible. RHD is the biggest threat to rabbits not shooting , ferretting or lurchers. We used to control rabbits in the Scottish Borders by shooting and ferretting and killed thousands every year but the next year they were back in plague proportions again until RHD arrived , suddenly no rabbits. 

20200907_223141.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER
8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

As previously stated that is why I dont have thermal and nv , I lamp so that there are always lamp shy rabbits left to breed ? by definition big bags mean there are plenty rabbits , I am there to do a job controlling rabbits for the farmers and that is what I do but saying that I never wipe them out , get consistent numbers . Jealousy also plays a part as I'm sure everyone would like access to plenty of rabbits but I know that's not possible. RHD is the biggest threat to rabbits not shooting , ferretting or lurchers. We used to control rabbits in the Scottish Borders by shooting and ferretting and killed thousands every year but the next year they were back in plague proportions again until RHD arrived , suddenly no rabbits. 

I'd be happy to even see a rabbit lol

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Easy to wipe a pop of bunnies with a gun and night vision ;)

I remember gan ferreting with our Jess, she'd be around 4 or 5 and we caught one rabbit all day (I missed a very good bolt hole and didn't cover it with the nets)..... one of the best days ever, smile on her face holding dinner can't be paid for ?

I miss a day shivering with the dogs waiting for a bolt.

yes 1 0r 2 will do me with a dog. if i needed to thin alot out id take  the rimfire  

24 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Catching one is a successful hunt, I don't know if I'd put up the vid though.

At the end of the day this site is filled with drivel and arguments most of the time and pretty much no talk of actual hunting whatsoever! Whenever folk put videos or reports  up, people rip into them, but really even if it’s just a dog walk, it’s more interesting than nothing.

I remember there was a lad on here posting a little write up and some photos of his mooches but cos he wasn’t catching lots the experts ripped into him and he stopped posting them.

When I first started on here, a long time ago, the crew on there then would be sticking write ups and stuff all of the time, you could expect 20-30 over a weekend easy and a dozen after a good windy lamping night. Now it’s bugger all.

it was a few mins out of the day to watch something hunting related that someone has taken time to film and post......

Why the hell would folk be saying not to post it ????

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

At the end of the day this site is filled with drivel and arguments most of the time and pretty much no talk of actual hunting whatsoever! Whenever folk put videos or reports  up, people rip into them, but really even if it’s just a dog walk, it’s more interesting than nothing.

I remember there was a lad on here posting a little write up and some photos of his mooches but cos he wasn’t catching lots the experts ripped into him and he stopped posting them.

When I first started on here, a long time ago, the crew on there then would be sticking write ups and stuff all of the time, you could expect 20-30 over a weekend easy and a dozen after a good windy lamping night. Now it’s bugger all.

it was a few mins out of the day to watch something hunting related that someone has taken time to film and post......

Why the hell would folk be saying not to post it ????

I agree with you and good on him for posting.I personally wouldn't put it up because even though a success I have felt disappointed on those scarce days and wouldn't want to share.

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

I agree with you and good on him for posting.I personally wouldn't put it up because even though a success I have felt disappointed on those scarce days and wouldn't want to share.

Aye I guess we all get that mate, but it’s life isn’t it! It’s better to be out than sat in, and sometimes stuff just doesn’t work out, as long as men and dogs (and ferrets) get home in one piece, not much is lost other than a bit of time and sometimes a bit of pride! I’ve had a run of successful lamping trips lately, which would have made pretty crap watching to be fair, and was out night before last and blanked, missing a handful of sitters, but it was far more exciting to watch in reality. I’ve also walked around for hours and seen absolutely nothing, more times than I can count over the years. This lad isn’t making hardcore ferreting videos, just an honest account of his time out. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

It's about being out there mate. Blank days or not, being out and about, whenever you want, without a care, in the freezing wind.... you miss it, yearn for it. I know I do.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye I guess we all get that mate, but it’s life isn’t it! It’s better to be out than sat in, and sometimes stuff just doesn’t work out, as long as men and dogs (and ferrets) get home in one piece, not much is lost other than a bit of time and sometimes a bit of pride! I’ve had a run of successful lamping trips lately, which would have made pretty crap watching to be fair, and was out night before last and blanked, missing a handful of sitters, but it was far more exciting to watch in reality. I’ve also walked around for hours and seen absolutely nothing, more times than I can count over the years. This lad isn’t making hardcore ferreting videos, just an honest account of his time out. 

The way things are going around here atm your lucky to find an active warren. I get disappointed for the dogs all ready for action and not getting a decent run but as you say as long as they get a day out and get home in one piece.