Ferreting with brandon and lamping with Ella

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the end of the day this site is filled with drivel and arguments most of the time and pretty much no talk of actual hunting whatsoever! Whenever folk put videos or reports  up, people rip into them

Shooting is boring as shit I don’t find it sporting or as interesting as using a sporting dog you have trained your self to catch em for you far better adrenaline rush an interesting to watch but each

What do you contribute other than talking shit ? 

Posted Images

Reading this thread reminds me, I don't think I've ever put a 'hunting' post up. Partly because I can't be bothered with doing a big write up of one of my nights or mornings out. And partly because I've never recounted to anyone really, apart from my son, about a particular morning or night out. And 90% of what I used to do wasn't rabbits.

Not exactly what being an 'active' forum member is about I suppose lol. But I enjoy all the various 'other' sections of this site, wildlife photography, cooking, general talk, etc etc.

And as has recently been mentioned, I'd rather read a post about someone catching just one or two after a couple of hours out, rather than 20/30 from the same warren, or 20/30/40 in one lamping session. Seems more like reality for a lot of people.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

And as has recently been mentioned, I'd rather read a post about someone catching just one or two after a couple of hours out, rather than 20/30 from the same warren, or 20/30/40 in one lamping session. Seems more like reality for a lot of people.

I wouldn't I'd rather read / see posts about decent results as after all it is a hunting site. 

7 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I wouldn't I'd rather read / see posts about decent results as after all it is a hunting site. 

And you’re not hunting if you only catch one or two ?

.... and I guess his post was taking up space that could have been used by all the other folk doing write ups .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yeah, on this section of the forum. But there are several sub sections which have nothing to do with hunting.

Edited by shaaark
5 hours ago, micky said:

Anyone who thinks catching 1 Rabbit in a day is a Crap result has never been Ferreting in the Midlands.  The Fellah put a film up !it was not the best but you can only catch them if they are there

1 rabbit is a huge bag in the Midlands 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, terryd said:

He posted as it was fair play one rabbit is great sport. One rabbit where there is only a few about is worth twenty where there is loads 

Ask yourself this then , if there is only 1 or 2 rabbits about why kill them and then moan there isn't any , better off travelling to where there are rabbits and leave the few to breed.

• Confused 1