Fit dogs

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my little brindle bitch was pretty fit in this pic....she's also fairly easy to keep reasonably fit..  

Posted Images

On 24/11/2020 at 05:11, Shadow100 said:

I had a dog out of romeo that looked bursting fit all year round, even after a 10 week lay off it looked immaculate but that was mainly due to its skin & coat being so thin you could nearly see every muscle fiber. I prefer a rough coated dog myself and I don’t really go in for this ripped condition some people like to have their dogs in, I like a bit of a back on them, stands them in good sted for a long day/night in bad weather.

Mate of mine has a coursing bred dog you’d think to look at it the dog was out every day & night but it’s lucky to get 1 run a week, just genetics.

Genetics definitely are part of it.

Endurance, speed, agility, strength, power, and quickness

Some or all the above listed traits determine top fitness level needed for type of work. 

A healthy dog at a good weight whose fitness level is slightly to moderately above average is perfectly fine for most work. IMO the Iditarod, sprint racing sled dog competitions( The Fur Rondy), professional racing greyhounds are the type of work where the fitness level of a dog will be what separates a great dog from a good one

On 24/11/2020 at 05:20, king said:

That pic should be shown to the youth of today mate.a fit dog and not a rib in sight.

Plenty of energy for a good shift ?

I remember that pic that was used by that lurcher group on here.AWL or something it was called.the pic they used was to me shocking it looked like 1 of them dogs on tv that's starving to death..

Can I ask what it is about the ribs being visible. I have a pretty good idea I what your on about and for most work that dogs  are used for does not require he kind of peak conditioning  that say sled dogs who compete in professional sprint sled racing competition or a a dog who is is being conditioned for a match( No I am not in any way condoning it at all but if a person is being honest with themselves the dogs used for this required a level of conditioning that IMO no other type of work reached. Sled dog racing definitely extremely close the level needed for a match

And  you will  be able to see the ribs of  any smooth coated/short haired dog that’s in moderately decent condition.  Also if a person is only halfway decent  when it comes to conditioning there will be muscle there that a lot of people call ribs 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bolero said:

Genetics definitely are part of it.

Endurance, speed, agility, strength, power, and quickness

Some or all the above listed traits determine top fitness level needed for type of work. 

A healthy dog at a good weight whose fitness level is slightly to moderately above average is perfectly fine for most work. IMO the Iditarod, sprint racing sled dog competitions( The Fur Rondy), professional racing greyhounds are the type of work where the fitness level of a dog will be what separates a great dog from a good one

A shite greyhound in the best condition of its life is still a shite greyhound. 

Edited by dogmandont
11 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

A shite greyhound in the best condition of its life is still a shite greyhound. 

And your point is what exactly.  Obviously i was talking about good quality dogs as anyone with decent common sense would clearly already know what you stated 

2 minutes ago, Bolero said:

And your point is what exactly.  Obviously i was talking about good quality dogs as anyone with decent common sense would clearly already know what you stated 

Just trying to get you to come outta hiding ass boone coon. 

You bit very quickly. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Just trying to get you to come outta hiding ass boone coon. 

You bit very quickly. 

Lol okay if you say so. I m not whoever thayt is and I have no interest in trying to change your mind. It wouldn’t matter anyway as ii double you would anyway and I really don’t care as it’s not that serious lol 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Bolero said:

Lol okay if you say so. I m not whoever thayt is and I have no interest in trying to change your mind. It wouldn’t matter anyway as ii double you would anyway and I really don’t care as it’s not that serious lol 

Yea OK. Lol. 

Just now, dogmandont said:

Yea OK. Lol. 

LMAO. Not sure what that Boon fella done to you that’s that has your panties in bunch lol  why a person who you don’t know and who doesn’t even live in the same country  has got you all worked up  is beyond me. You seem to keep wasting a lot of time on something as trivial and unimportant as this is

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Bolero said:

LMAO. Not sure what that Boon fella done to you that’s that has your panties in bunch lol  why a person who you don’t know and who doesn’t even live in the same country  has got you all worked up  is beyond me. You seem to keep wasting a lot of time on something as trivial and unimportant as this is

Hes a very very bitter individual and between me and u he said you was a touch affeminate 

• Haha 2