Fit dogs

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my little brindle bitch was pretty fit in this pic....she's also fairly easy to keep reasonably fit..  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Kayak is king

You know ?

I'm not having none of that mate..

Never underestimate a coracle..

Geraint pillock can even time travel in a coracle...have a listen geraint has done it..

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Thing is ...... . I never ever once mentioned anything about anyone being better than anyone else for doing more, or as I said earlier, about pushing a dog to breaking point. Just simply that very few folk have the opportunity or drive to get the most out of their dog, and as much as folk talk about super breeding and conditioning and feeding, it’s usually not those things that cap how much a dog can achieve. And most of the best dogs you see are those that belong to folk who are literally out all of the time. 

It's lurcher work though, why would you even want to try and break your dog? 

Fair enough we have all probably tested their mettle at some point but if they doing the job you ask why bother breaking them? 

A lurcher is not a game dog, any fool could break any dog if you give them too much stick or overrun them. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
Just now, SheepChaser said:

Thing is ...... . I never ever once mentioned anything about anyone being better than anyone else for doing more, or as I said earlier, about pushing a dog to breaking point. Just simply that very few folk have the opportunity or drive to get the most out of their dog, and as much as folk talk about super breeding and conditioning and feeding, it’s usually not those things that cap how much a dog can achieve. And most of the best dogs you see are those that belong to folk who are literally out all of the time. 

Jai, that wasn't aimed at your goodself..... Some folks are still lucky, that they can still do things with the dogs, without looking over their shoulders so too speak.That the wider population could only dream of...... Some don't have that luxury, too much to lose maybe? for those that do, look after and cherish it, don't share it with the world...

What I was trying to get across is.... Enjoy what you do, there's no competition unless you want the  bragging rights?feed them and house them the best you can.... And just get out there..... Because you don't catch stuff, IF your sat on your arse ?? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's lurcher work though, why would you even want to try and break your dog? 

Fair enough we have all probably tested their mettle at some point but if they doing the job you ask why bother breaking them? 

A lurcher is not a game dog, any fool could break any dog if you give them too much stick or overrun them. 

That’s my point ? no one said they wanted to ? I certainly didn’t! It’s just the typical response folk trot out when you talk about seeing what a dog is really capable of. 

I said very very simply. That most people don’t have the opportunity to see what their dog is really capable of. 

I was just agreeing with joe ? 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, king said:

Loose in the fence more like..I've never seen a fence in such desperate need of a drop of ronseal in my life...I feel a little sad for that fence...

Its my fence I walk it feed it and pick up its shite so mind ur own beeswax

7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Its my fence I walk it feed it and pick up its shite so mind ur own beeswax

I'm sure your garden is where fences go to die.you are cruel to the timber blackneck.