permission

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pals sister is courtin we a lad over Leeds, he’s a farm there I could ask and possibly put you in touch

Let's all be honest yeah it's good to have permission I've got a little bit of permission not much on there and hs2 has raped it but most of my hunting life I've been and always will be a poacher who

I'll take both 

Posted Images

I would always start with ferreting, never mention anything else especially lamping. Do a season or twos worth of ferreting trouble free and see if you can sneak a few more liberties in now they hopefully trust you (and your dog). Worst thing you can do is go straight for lamping with a lurcher might as well not bother. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I would be knocking any large poultry units, shoots and sheep/cattle farmers offering your services... Drop in the free mole control and that you do everything within the law(legal means of dispatching the quarry) and you should land on something ?most farmers love something that's free.... Tight bar stewards see? good luck mate?

The problem with this is its now dead mans shoes! Pretty much everywhere has someone who does it there already i would think. And a hell of a lot of farmers have a son who likes shooting etc.

• Like 2
On 20/11/2020 at 18:41, morton said:

Be careful because an awful lot of permission you will be offered,after trapping their moles,will not be worth having,feck all on the land to make it worth while.Getting your foot in the door in certain locations will give you a farmers name to bandy about on more productive hunting land.Farmers are suspicious and non trusting of hunters,especially in Yorkshire,when they know you have permission on a mates farm they are far more accomodating to a stranger,i had permission on some of the most worthless land,because of that I faired far better later on.

Very true is that I’ve been on my mates farm forever and every now and then someone will ring his old man asking for something sorting out and gives them my number ended up with tons of permission near home just from that if you can be trusted they let you do what you want but I do have to do a few hours graft here and there one even let me build a drain no issues at all 

22 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

One of the problems I’m seeing is the shift in land ownership. Less and less farms are owned by what you’d think of as a traditional ‘farmer’ with rural values and ideas. Now lots are owned by investors and Buisness folk, townies and large corporations. 

That’s the problem I’m having. Most don’t know what a ferret or a Lurcher is. If they ain’t making money from it they ain’t interested ?

Let's all be honest yeah it's good to have permission I've got a little bit of permission not much on there and hs2 has raped it but most of my hunting life I've been and always will be a poacher who on here doesn't mooch on to forbidden land unless your in with certain circles you ain't getting on to big places to work yah dogs and then when you get on there it's all on certain terms you can't fart on that field etc etc just get out there work yah dog and be careful if yah get caught it is what it is just bite the bullet✌

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Penda said:

Let's all be honest yeah it's good to have permission I've got a little bit of permission not much on there and hs2 has raped it but most of my hunting life I've been and always will be a poacher who on here doesn't mooch on to forbidden land unless your in with certain circles you ain't getting on to big places to work yah dogs and then when you get on there it's all on certain terms you can't fart on that field etc etc just get out there work yah dog and be careful if yah get caught it is what it is just bite the bullet✌

We all do it gamekeepers aswell

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Penda said:

Exactly brother well said that’s exactly how it is 

Here’s a thought I’ve had for a while how much permission would actually be needed to keep a half decent dog going throughout a season an so on my thoughts are if the dog is catching regular on one farm that has a nock on effect for the following season a good number of land is needed to keep a proficient dog in work the further down the country you come from up north so freelancing is a must if you wanna work a dog an have it catching regular I don’t believe for one minute that one bit of permission is enough land to not have to poach freelance is mandatory as you come down the country 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, poxon said:

Here’s a thought I’ve had for a while how much permission would actually be needed to keep a half decent dog going throughout a season an so on my thoughts are if the dog is catching regular on one farm that has a nock on effect for the following season a good number of land is needed to keep a proficient dog in work the further down the country you come from up north so freelancing is a must if you wanna work a dog an have it catching regular I don’t believe for one minute that one bit of permission is enough land to not have to poach freelance is mandatory as you come down the country 

Depends how big and how much game and what the surrounding ground is like etc. But totally agree you’d struggle if you didn’t hVe a pole about 

4 hours ago, Penda said:

100%! Handy to hVe a bit of perm to explain away what you do and sometimes it’s nice to be able to drive about / wander about not worrying a f**k what’s what. But it would soon get boring and stale. And the best bits are always the other side the fence anyway ? 

• Like 1