New lamping video

You are not far wrong there Kalibrgun? 

The 'Southern tourists ' never got a look in...?

TOMO's  Brindle bitch knows the score on that ground, she is as keen as her owner...it was great to see...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 8

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last 3 comments are why nobody posts anything decent on forums or sites anymore. What’s the point just so it can get picked apart by all the experts

Morton. You’re a massive insufferable bellend. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hunting post from you.....

the way I see it a rabbit is a rabbit no matter where it lives you still have to catch it. around me numbers have been bad for years. (tomo knows the area). years ago I had bigger dogs and travelled a

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

Any excuse ...... 

Behave why travel 200 mile to run rabbits when I can do same thing a 10 minute walk away my bitch wll never catch 100 a day but gets enough to feed me and the ferrets that will do for me , seen them run on the dales on dvd chipper smith Mike Cookson etc a lot of wide open spaces nowt wrong with it , good watch but you must admit the rabbits are there in numbers where there down to what they used to be elsewhere , won’t take long to get your pup going with that many on open ground atb

43 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

You are not far wrong there Kalibrgun? 

The 'Southern tourists ' never got a look in...?

TOMO's  Brindle bitch knows the score on that ground, she is as keen as her owner...it was great to see...?

DSC_7560.JPG

im almost smiling in that pic

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Its good that lads put up posts and reports of their days and nights out , hunting over such superlative Elysian Fields ?

I remember , back in the day,...telling hunters locally of my first rabbiting experiences to the Far North..

Even my pals who I had known for many years were a tad wary of my  holiday tales...

"How fecking many, did you catch?... I don't believe it,...you are full of shit"....

Well, I cannot deny that...?...but, for guys that have not traveled and had at least, one good hit, at the big time,  I cannot really blame them for being dubious

As I have said many times,..with regards to the hunting game, it honestly is, a big old world out there, and sometimes ya got to put in the miles to see it , and believe it..?

DSC_9507 (2).JPG

Got oowt of my house ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Behave why travel 200 mile to run rabbits when I can do same thing a 10 minute walk away my bitch wll never catch 100 a day but gets enough to feed me and the ferrets that will do for me , seen them run on the dales on dvd chipper smith Mike Cookson etc a lot of wide open spaces nowt wrong with it , good watch but you must admit the rabbits are there in numbers where there down to what they used to be elsewhere , won’t take long to get your pup going with that many on open ground atb

You never know too you try her and just with you saying you never been up ... It's not true you don't need a passport to leave ?

6 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

You never know too you try her and just with you saying you never been up ... It's not true you don't need a passport to leave ?

Dogs get used to the ground they hunt most rabbits on our patch rarely run more than 25yrds before the reach sanctuary , and as many are caught in the hedge bottom as on the run it more about being in the right place at the right time , I’d be a liar to say I wouldn’t like a try on dales bunnies , who wouldn’t but I’m realistic and couldn’t see mine catching 100 even tho she very quick for half cross , and don’t you believe the passport thing it’s still a b*****d down here and shoot one side of the ground and not other , you could av a pint in on pub but not one the other side road , you can work on a shoot but not shoot on it all fecking ridiculous there’s a lot of folk gona lose a lot money coz boris the barsteward

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the way I see it a rabbit is a rabbit no matter where it lives you still have to catch it. around me numbers have been bad for years. (tomo knows the area). years ago I had bigger dogs and travelled a lot, still didn't get record numbers but did OK. now its single ferret in jacket, 6 nets and little dog. 2 rabbits is good days mooching, a drop with longnet and 9 or 10 is a bonanza. must be a age thing but I am enjoying it more than ever. Good luck to the lads doing the numbers ?

• Like 10

Well said Fred?

Life is way too short to worry about records, and 'personal bests'...?

Took me a long while to realize, that there is a whole lot more going on in the world , than chasing silly fecking shushis..

"Quality sport with quality company",...that is the way forwards Brother..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

the way I see it a rabbit is a rabbit no matter where it lives you still have to catch it. around me numbers have been bad for years. (tomo knows the area). years ago I had bigger dogs and travelled a lot, still didn't get record numbers but did OK. now its single ferret in jacket, 6 nets and little dog. 2 rabbits is good days mooching, a drop with longnet and 9 or 10 is a bonanza. must be a age thing but I am enjoying it more than ever. Good luck to the lads doing the numbers ?

You forgot to mention the catty Fred ?

1 minute ago, fred90 said:

lol. yes had a squirrel Thursday and one today both treed by the dog and shot with catty, like to call it teamwork. 

Never seen so many as I have the last couple years found another bird feeder chewed this morning in the garden as fast as you shoot one another appears there no end to the feckers

2 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Never seen so many as I have the last couple years found another bird feeder chewed this morning in the garden as fast as you shoot one another appears there no end to the feckers

making good ferret food. feeding them regularly now?