Shite hole uk??

3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Fire some drift wood or even older lads that set the tempo , give them incentives, put a bit of responsibility their way, I see loads of situations where the business is dead as all the positivity is gone and lads don't have any pride in what they're doing, sometimes a few compliments go a long way too....

Yup thats what my wife says,give them compliments but thats hard  when thier works below average. I'm not wiping thier arse,thats the mums  job at 24 yrs old .make thier sad crustless sandwiches,cheese strings,and chocolate bars .24yrs  old going on 14 yrs old

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching it always leaves me with a bittersweet taste, on one hand you have this emotional ceremony to remember all those that have fallen and on the other hand you shake your head when you see warmon

My wife couldn't cope with our 2 autistic sons and had a mental breakdown 6 nearly 7 yrs ago so I had to give up work to be at home. I've said this on here before but lads like ginger beared and

I’ll be going later to a little church where a few years ago I carried a lad into with 5 other of his friends and sit on the bench outside and have a coffee as I remember how great of a lad he was .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

They didn't have much choice in that and was a completely different society back then , not a time I've have liked to have existed in especially ww1 , in my view just a cull to prevent a revolution as seen in France UK and Germany had better ideas .....

White working class males perform worse in education than any other demographic, that's no accident in my opinion.

and I would like your post but ran out of them.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Nik_B said:

Yes mate, I was really shocked after we moved here and realized there was so many problems. Some of them are caused the the corrupt f*ckers who were being paid to take problem families from other parts of the UK including (if you can even believe this but it's true) John Venables who was moved to SW Anglesey but has probably been moved elsewhere now since everyone knows about him.

The Island is amazing...amazing countryside and great fishing on tap and it boggles my mind people can live here, not enjoy it and destroy their lives instead.

Same down here in SW Wales, councils get money to take in scumbags that can't function anywhere else for whatever reason.

Frequently see all this county lines drugs arrests in the local news reports too

I find threads like this one disparaging the UK, and the other one that mocks supervisors and middle management a bit disheartening ! 

Are things REALLY that much worse than they were 10/20/30/40 years ago ?

During my lifetime we've had the end of WW2, rationing, mass unemployment, the miners strikes, the winter of discontent, etc.

If it wasn't for this damned Covid, I reckon right now wouldn't be a bad time to be British.

I spent most of my working life living and working abroad, and I know that British expertise is still greatly sort after and British qualifications are recognised throughout  the world !

I've been retired 17 years, live modestly in a nice suburb of a major city, and I'm happy with my lot , am I just lucky ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I find threads like this one disparaging the UK, and the other one that mocks supervisors and middle management a bit disheartening ! 

Are things REALLY that worse than they were 10/20/30/40 years ago ?

During my lifetime we've had the end of WW2, rationing, mass unemployment, the miners strikes, the winter of discontent, etc.

If it wasn't for this damned Covid, I reckon right now wouldn't be a bad time to be British.

I spent most of my working life living and working abroad, and I know that British expertise is still greatly sort after and British qualifications are recognised throughput the world !

I've been retired 17 years, live modestly in a nice suburb of a major city, and I'm happy with my lot , am I just lucky ?

Cheers.

Yes and so have I been but I will tell you for a fact that if you were 20 years old there is virtually zero chance of having the life that you or I have led now.

I work in the oil industry (or what's left of it) and you would be wasting your time to get engineering or geology qualifications to go into it now, the vast majority of those jobs go to foreign nationals and we've wrecked our own Oil industry by not supporting it.

Also middle management are retards that generally cannot work in their field so f*ck them.

• Like 1

Its the general youth of UK,rather mince about in matching trakkies n hood's,no concept of grafting.i never forget  this guy (benefit cheat)saying to me "your get a bad back lifting that "threw the site fence.i said atleast im supporting my family and kids and don't expect the government  to like you.

7 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Same down here in SW Wales, councils get money to take in scumbags that can't function anywhere else for whatever reason.

Frequently see all this county lines drugs arrests in the local news reports too

Yep Anglesey was awash with cocaine and one of the big arrests was right behind my house...unsurprisingly I slept through the raid because nothing wakes me up but the wife and neighbors were loving it lol.

Personally I think they should make weed legal and separate those people from the hardcore class A drug people, the former is not a big deal but the latter is.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Its the general youth of UK,rather mince about in matching trakkies n hood's,no concept of grafting.i never forget  this guy (benefit cheat)saying to me "your get a bad back lifting that "threw the site fence.i said atleast im supporting my family and kids and don't expect the government  to like you.

So if a really hard working lad came to work directly and he turned up in matching trackies and cheese strings would that be end of the road for him !lol

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, king said:

If you haven't got a real interest in something you won't be any good at it.you can go through the motions by all means but you are kidding yourself.

If you do have a genuine interest you will be good at it..

I disagree .

My attitude is always put 100% effort into work at all times no matter if it's sweeping the floor or rebuilding an engine .. 

That's maybe why I never struggle for work.

I worked at a place through an agency as a fork truck driver to cover some one off sick and the company were that impressed they made a permanent position for me , and then promoted me to machine operator in less than 6 month, above anyone who worked there , not bad for someone who didn't have a clue how to operate the machines when I first started .

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Why didn’t you say , I’ll give you 9 quid an hour to come and lift it with me ?? 

I wear trackies all the time with white Nike’s and you should see the looks i get from people who have an iPhone 400 but kids go about in school clothes till 9 at night . 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup thats what my wife says,give them compliments but thats hard  when thier works below average. I'm not wiping thier arse,thats the mums  job at 24 yrs old .make thier sad crustless sandwiches,cheese strings,and chocolate bars .24yrs  old going on 14 yrs old

I totally get that pal , but at 24 year old and their incapable of making a bait , you have to ask have they ever been shown how to ? 

or how to eat properly ? 

or are they going home to debt letters and can’t afford to eat properly ? 

there’s always a root cause 5 steps back from the problem 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chid said:

I disagree .

My attitude is always put 100% effort into work at all times no matter if it's sweeping the floor or rebuilding an engine .. 

That's maybe why I never struggle for work.

I worked at a place through an agency as a fork truck driver to cover some one off sick and the company were that impressed they made a permanent position for me , and then promoted me to machine operator in less than 6 month, above anyone who worked there , not bad for someone who didn't have a clue how to operate the machines when I first started .

But did they see you was showing keen and willing to work hard.if so you deserved to be treated well.

And I'm not knocking you.but having a genuine interest and showing keen is 2 different things mate.

57 minutes ago, king said:

But did they see you was showing keen and willing to work hard.if so you deserved to be treated well.

And I'm not knocking you.but having a genuine interest and showing keen is 2 different things mate.

Maybe it is, but Chid got stuck in, and got the best out of every situation put in front of him. The prob today alot of people will take the easy way out, in life and in doing so don't succeed.