a long 3 hours ( woody )

went out for a mooch with 2 other lads , there 2 terries , and took my 3 dogs, Buck , old bryn, and little woody . We met up at 6pm , it was just a walk through   a local wood  by me, get the odd munjack , and fox appear some times .met the lads got my dogs out , then started to walk through the wood, all my started to move off, Buck up front as normal , and old bryn tagging behind , seen woody , by the other dogs. heard one of the terries  barking , we new Buck prob moved a munjack out some cover and the terrier  picked the sent, well we all went at quick pass then , even old me lol  . well things calmed down   then , Buck came back on the track , and the 2 terriers , but not little woody. stood still started shouting his name for about 10 mins  feck all , carried on walking and shouting for another 1/2 hour  nothing, we knew it be dark in 1/2 hour , though  Christ my wife will go feckin nuts really will, woody only a lap dog really a small jack x  bit of Chihuahua  in him , he only about 10lb , he was my son dog at 1st , but i  ended up with now, he nice little pet dog , he as crack at the rats that i get in my garden , he very lively for a 10  or 11 year old dog , he was a rescue dog when son 1st got him  .Anyway still know woody, my mate went back and got  his lamp and got me good torch , left buck and old bryn in my motor  , last thing we needed was Buck   thinking he going lamping  lol. we  been gone another 1 hour still nothing, its a fookin terrible feeling in your guts when you loose a dog , hunting dog or just pet dog like little woody, we spilt up  all gone differnt ways in the wood and looking the fields next to the wood , coming back now to my motor, thinking he die  out here been raining the last 1/2 hour , thinking he soft house pet,  not rough/ready  working type jack russell .  then got a call on my mob, that a bloke had got him     1/2 mile away  at his house, thought thank god for that. got to the bloke house, he got  a  jack x and couple spaniels , they were barking at his gate, woody had crossed a busy road to get to this place, he could have been easy squashed on the road, thanked the bloke for keeping him , gave him £20 quid to get him self a drink , got the little shit back home , next time if i take him i keep the liitle bugger on his lead  deff .  Ray

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bird said:

went out for a mooch with 2 other lads , there 2 terries , and took my 3 dogs, Buck , old bryn, and little woody . We met up at 6pm , it was just a walk through   a local wood  by me, get the odd munjack , and fox appear some times .met the lads got my dogs out , then started to walk through the wood, all my started to move off, Buck up front as normal , and old bryn tagging behind , seen woody , by the other dogs. heard one of the terries  barking , we new Buck prob moved a munjack out some cover and the terrier  picked the sent, well we all went at quick pass then , even old me lol  . well things calmed down   then , Buck came back on the track , and the 2 terriers , but not little woody. stood still started shouting his name for about 10 mins  feck all , carried on walking and shouting for another 1/2 hour  nothing, we knew it be dark in 1/2 hour , though  Christ my wife will go feckin nuts really will, woody only a lap dog really a small jack x  bit of Chihuahua  in him , he only about 10lb , he was my son dog at 1st , but i  ended up with now, he nice little pet dog , he as crack at the rats that i get in my garden , he very lively for a 10  or 11 year old dog , he was a rescue dog when son 1st got him  .Anyway still know woody, my mate went back and got  his lamp and got me good torch , left buck and old bryn in my motor  , last thing we needed was Buck   thinking he going lamping  lol. we  been gone another 1 hour still nothing, its a fookin terrible feeling in your guts when you loose a dog , hunting dog or just pet dog like little woody, we spilt up  all gone differnt ways in the wood and looking the fields next to the wood , coming back now to my motor, thinking he die  out here been raining the last 1/2 hour , thinking he soft house pet,  not rough/ready  working type jack russell .  then got a call on my mob, that a bloke had got him     1/2 mile away  at his house, thought thank god for that. got to the bloke house, he got  a  jack x and couple spaniels , they were barking at his gate, woody had crossed a busy road to get to this place, he could have been easy squashed on the road, thanked the bloke for keeping him , gave him £20 quid to get him self a drink , got the little shit back home , next time if i take him i keep the liitle bugger on his lead  deff .  Ray

I wunt never have another terrier Ray for mooching about bushing pain in the arse I could of bought a small pack of beagles and 6 coursing dogs wi what mines cost me in fines and transportation costs over the years I lost her over Milton Keynes way once fecker turned up in Weston-super-Mare ffs

They get themselves lost mow amd then the terriers. My dogs wierd hell give a few yaps if he cant work out how to get back to ya but have lost him few times. 

dont keep the deer old dog a lead bird just buy a  little gps or bell for him.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, bird said:

Glad you got him back safe ray

Glad you got him back ray ,it's not nice when they go missing .my whippet x a sod for it and he go over the hill and far away if something got up in front of him and I not there to stop him .

i wouldn't keep on on a lead ,like been said get a bell on him so you hear him or gps .

atb ?

glad it all ended well . reminds me of my norfolk terrier a few years back. out on our usual evening walk, mutley caught site of something and was off !!!

carried on walking back to my landy as he  would wait there for me. mutley not there when i arrived. torch out started looking its 10pm now. 11.30  the wife rings to say mutley is at the vets. the woods i go to are 3 miles from home , get to the 24hr vet (which i use anyway) thinking the worse !!

ring the bell young girl say are you after mutley??? in the end he had chased a jack russell bitch who was in season to the other side of the wood.

lady called out, but i could not hear as i  was in the dipped part. got the ladies number called her and left her a gift for her young daughter for taking him in

she said thought he was lost or been left ... and would not leave her dog alone longest night for are usual walk 

Edited by samuria
words

Bloody hell Ray you would have been in trouble when you got home if you had lost woody.

Good to hear he's back o.k as that's a busy road by where you walk the dogs.

Remember finding vins dog with me after 5 days of it being lost, I felt bad enough about that and she wasn't even my dog. Heart in mouth stuff aint it.

Lurcher bitch disappeared on a walk id seen a fox but long way off I was quite near a busy road but always are round these parts ,not the type of dog 2 get off 4 long anyroad got a call saying she bin ran over and at the pdsa I thought the worst then a lad rang me 2 tell me aswell his auntie worked there and sent him a pic see if he knew the dog I asked how bad she was he said looks OK 2 me ,when I got there they said she were found in the layby injured she wernt all she got was a rip and a few punctures about the muzzle ?

31 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Bloody hell Ray you would have been in trouble when you got home if you had lost woody.

Good to hear he's back o.k as that's a busy road by where you walk the dogs.

Remember finding vins dog with me after 5 days of it being lost, I felt bad enough about that and she wasn't even my dog. Heart in mouth stuff aint it.

thanks  lads ,    yeh   trigg  your spot on, you know  Lesley  very well,  she  hit the roof , she loves that little dog . i remember that day , when we found vin dog, it had been   hanging around your motor , it was the same with Buck when he was younger  he took off after that herd  in the day been gone 1 hour ,  he came back to your car, he was fooked + cut up  , he been in thick brambles  etc ,  real glad to get him back , he bloody full on when got his hunting head on lol,  bloody dogs   do your head in at  times   lol

• Like 2