What If Rabbits Could Kill You?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't pull the trigger on a bear or lion or any big cat.to be honest.unless my life depended on it.

The mighty rat scarer ! Lol 

I will tell you something now. A perfectionist will never find perfection ......

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Are we talking normal size highly aggressive rabbits or have they grown huge? ?

Can anyone remember a old low budget film set in America where rabbits did grow huge, an killed  people think it ended with them holed , up in a cellar firing a shotgun through the trap hatch at the rabbits ?

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, king said:

I wouldn't pull the trigger on a bear or lion or any big cat.to be honest.unless my life depended on it.

Nor me,. Not my thing, but I would on a wild boar and one of those could f**k you right up.

1 minute ago, walshie said:

Nor me,. Not my thing, but I would on a wild boar and one of those could f**k you right up.

Some beast them boars.the chest plates the Yanks use on the hold dogs serves a good purpose them tusks don't take any prisoners mate.

I would love to watch bears or lions in the wild though.it would beat watching bloody hares or rabbits in the uk ?

Same as that as I think the whole echo system starts to break down when you remove the alpha predators, likewise a watercourse has its top predators down to its lowliest scavengers and they are all as important, remove one and it all starts to slide but I would if my life was dependant on it, as in I,m quite happy looking for what I,m looking for and will crawl in small caves or shake one out of a tree if I had the chance, but all I want is a photo and I don’t have the option of taking a gun so if I was fearful I would not be able to go looking, remember a fool has no fear but a brave man overcomes his ??

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I saw them in the wild in Finland a few years back. Tour takes you out to a wooden hut for the night. No windows just a big long gap maybe about 5 inches tall along both sides to see out. They out loads of fish heads and tails out and the bears came in to eat them. Also saw a lynx that day as well

That's sounds spot on mate.i wouldn't mind doing something like that.

If I remember right I'm sure a nature programme I watched once said some bears can run as fast as a racehorse.

You obviously wouldn't have a chance escaping that..

So a hunter gets killed while hunting and other hunters offer their condolences.

If one of my pals, or indeed ANY hunter, was killed or died whilst out hunting here, I, and I suspect most people on here, would offer OUR condolences !

Whats the problem ?

Cheers.

A friend of mine lives in the Cape and some of the pictures and videos he sends me are amazing he has hunted Cape Buffalo a few times and says he can be out four days or so tracking them very dangerous animals of which he is more than aware of the risks, his trophy room is very impressive.

When I send him pics of what we shoot to be honest it feels a bit embarrassing, I would love it if we could hunt larger game more freely Wild Boar being the best example I suppose.

But on the story of the hunter being hunted it’s tough shit he just met a bigger hunter on the day and of course if you new him you would offer condolences or even if it was somebody on here I’m sure Socks would do the right thing and grant them a little send off thread. ?

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once told the septic's I hadn't read Capstick but loved Corbett. The sound of backs getting up was deafening! :D They fukking Hate us!

Forest; I believe that film you're thinking of was " Night of the Lepus ". Bit fuckked up, as it supposedly featured Rabbits!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

As somebody with an interest in the competitive side of bulldogs many years ago i used to constantly ask myself the same question " how many of these f****n idiots would put themselves through even a fraction of what they are asking of their dogs ".....and my conclusion was very few.....but then years later having taken an interest in hunting and the different types of dogs involved,comparisons etc....i quickly realised you cannot compare competition to hunting as competition has to be fair by its very nature and hunting cannot be fair by its very nature.....so in conclusion.... if a bunny could carry a gun then man would just carry a bigger gun and thats ok.

Spot on Gnash, regards bulldogs, your right mate  lot macho pricks shouting  when the dog having a rough time, but wouldn't  or wont face a bloke of there own size or bit bigger size, if they had a good'un in the mush , soon jack .  your right you carnt compare the 2 deff, but i will say this regards hunting dogs, more so my big gsd x grey 1x , he big wimp when not hunting, upset him dead easy, but great temp with people / dogs, but put his hunting head on, he different dog , he very full on he tackle what you put him on , some of the rough/tumbles  at 35mph in the dark  ,deff committed  animal  , just like most other lurchers are that bred right .:yes: 

1 hour ago, king said:

Some beast them boars.the chest plates the Yanks use on the hold dogs serves a good purpose them tusks don't take any prisoners mate.

I would love to watch bears or lions in the wild though.it would beat watching bloody hares or rabbits in the uk ?

I think anyone who has worked closely with pigs will have respect for what those pig dogs do, even a 90lb bull/Arab will get tossed about like cotton wool by a pig if it takes a mind to it.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think anyone who has worked closely with pigs will have respect for what those pig dogs do, even a 90lb bull/Arab will get tossed about like cotton wool by a pig if it takes a mind to it.

I was browsing YouTube and came across a load of Ozzy pig dog videos and there was a dog on there called horse ? when they called for horse to be let loose the fukcing pigs were going nowhere ???

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, WILF said:

Have shown this before, but basically I had contact from a farmer that had had a sheep eaten alive and suspected a cat had done it, after checking it out the sheep had become trapped and eaten by the wild bore while it was still alive, I came across this picture while researching pig impacts  ?

64276549-560D-4906-B548-E5E5584ADBC0.jpeg

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, WILF said:

To right they will I seen a good vid maybe 20yrs ago now of some hillbilly's using bulldogs fair play once them dogs had ear hold.it was time to hold on tight.fair play to the dogs they took some hammer but held firm.1 boar even killed a blood hound I think the dog was.and started drifting down the stream.looks some good fun though I must admit..