I found this

Having a bit of a sort out the other day and found this little radio. 22 years ago myself and half a million others converged on London to let our voices be heard to try and stop the ban on fox hunting. It didn’t work and the BBC and mainstream media hardly covered what was and is the largest demonstration in this country’s history. It was a peaceful event with no looting or bad behaviour. But what did the media show ?A handful of hippies shouting at us . Bloody typical.

Anyway this little radio was given to loads of us and was supposed to broadcast a special March radio program but it got sabotaged and jammed , by the unwashed ? I’m going to keep it safe , as it’s a bit of a souvenir from a special day .

0E2D4728-2C4A-4223-9767-9BE416164221.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a bit of a sort out the other day and found this little radio. 22 years ago myself and half a million others converged on London to let our voices be heard to try and stop the ban on fox huntin

still got my cards from the waterloo cups that i attended.... and the red collar my bitch wore when she won the windmill cup

Truth is, if the hunt accidentally puts up a fox and kills it, they have broken no law they laid a scent trail ( through every good copse) so it’s an accident and not illegal, the same thing if you ar

Posted Images

yup was there , went to all the marches , shoulder to shoulder with Tally -Ho  lot, and few farmers  , ment fook all  , as we the running dog people , and terrier people were stitched up, the mounted fox hunters still get there sport legal , we dont  day or night ,   came into Act    (18 feb, 2005) bloody hell   15 years ago :cray:  .. never come back .!!

• Thanks 1

Something mentioned in the original post regarding the lack of media coverage annoyed me at the time and a realisation that the masses are only allowed to see what those in control want them to see. I was on the march and found it hard to believe when I got home that not many people were aware that it had even happened and the same at work the next day. A short time after the event the 1st gay pride rally took place. It was all over the media and a story line written into Eastenders by the BBC to ensure it got the exposure that they wanted. I may be wrong but I seem to remember the count of the gay pride march somewhere in the region of 6,000 and our march 850,000.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, bird said:

yup was there , went to all the marches , shoulder to shoulder with Tally -Ho  lot, and few farmers  , ment fook all  , as we the running dog people , and terrier people were stitched up, the mounted fox hunters still get there sport legal , we dont  day or night ,   came into Act    (18 feb, 2005) bloody hell   15 years ago :cray:  .. never come back .!!

You wernt stitched up by hunting people. They just found a way to scrape on by under massive pressure.....hardly their fault. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

You wernt stitched up by hunting people. They just found a way to scrape on by under massive pressure.....hardly their fault. 

So you don't think the toffs got a bit of leeway and the rest got thrown under the bus? Because that's how it looked. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

Something mentioned in the original post regarding the lack of media coverage annoyed me at the time and a realisation that the masses are only allowed to see what those in control want them to see. I was on the march and found it hard to believe when I got home that not many people were aware that it had even happened and the same at work the next day. A short time after the event the 1st gay pride rally took place. It was all over the media and a story line written into Eastenders by the BBC to ensure it got the exposure that they wanted. I may be wrong but I seem to remember the count of the gay pride march somewhere in the region of 6,000 and our march 850,000.

It’s the same with the game fairs . They are massive events in the countryside that are patronised by thousands of people. But there is hardly a mention in the media.  Do you ever see it on countryfile ?  
          I felt exactly the same about the march . I came back buzzing . I switched on the news to watch how it had been reported and was , like you astonished at the lack of coverage. If it had been black disabled lesbians marching...... a different story, 

• Like 1

The shows of strength may possibly have given the government at the time a reality check regarding what they had promised. One of the promises that new labour gave prior to wining the election was that they would ban all hunting with dogs by 2000. Yes they did serious damage but were never able to keep that promise. I believe that they were the recipients of a £2M pound donation from LACS on the strength of it.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

It’s the same with the game fairs . They are massive events in the countryside that are patronised by thousands of people. But there is hardly a mention in the media.  Do you ever see it on countryfile ?  
          I felt exactly the same about the march . I came back buzzing . I switched on the news to watch how it had been reported and was , like you astonished at the lack of coverage. If it had been black disabled lesbians marching...... a different story, 

This weekend?

• Like 1

Me n 4 mates did the liberty and livelihood march  ( can't ov been 22 years ago tho ?) 

We got a lift to York bus station buy my mates dad n court the national express to London we got ther at 4am in the morning ( non of us been any further than york buy our selfs before) we just expected we would see the march as we got off the bus  but no we had to go on the tube everyone pointing at us in our wax jackets n checked shirts my mate saying how were going to get stabbed ha was all good fun in the end buy some miracle we did find the march must only of been 15 at the time 

• Like 3