Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dervburner

Rock Albums

Recommended Posts

Well, I just sat down and listened to Alice Coopers Brutal Planet album, and I think it’s more relevant now than it was back then. This album has to be the epitome of doom metal and so poignant today. I went to see the tour at the NEC when he was double billed with DIO, another of my favourites (RIP Ronnie). 

Edited by Dervburner
👍
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to take one album to the grave, it would be Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon, on vinyl. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ac dc back in black  or gun n roses  greatests hits ... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Well, I just sat down and listened to Alice Coopers Brutal Planet album, and I think it’s more relevant now than it was back then. This album has to be the epitome of doom metal and so poignant today. I went to see the tour at the NEC when he was double billed with DIO, another of my favourites (RIP Ronnie). 

If Plant and page are not involved it will never be a rock album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

ac dc back in black  or gun n roses  greatests hits ... 

Imo Back in Black is one of the best albums ever recorded. 👍.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I get my next house (detached) I'm going to treat myself to a good Hifi setup, I'll probably get a hi-rez streamer though instead of vinyl. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I enjoy the album's listed but would have to go with Creedence Clearwater Revival the chronicle album 

i would`nt class cc as rock album ..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

When I get my next house (detached) I'm going to treat myself to a good Hifi setup, I'll probably get a hi-rez streamer though instead of vinyl. 

first time in a few year i`ve not had a jukebox  in the house for me half the fun of having a decent vinyl set up is scouring the car boots charity shops and ebay for  vinyl  got decent hi fi set ups in 2 rooms tbh the whole collecting side of it drives the mrs nuts she likes the sounds its just my collecting  ...   if anyones interested van morrisons on bbc4  just now 😀 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sid g said:

first time in a few year i`ve not had a jukebox  in the house for me half the fun of having a decent vinyl set up is scouring the car boots charity shops and ebay for  vinyl  got decent hi fi set ups in 2 rooms tbh the whole collecting side of it drives the mrs nuts she likes the sounds its just my collecting  ...   if anyones interested van morrisons on bbc4  just now 😀 

I "get it" but I've always been a greatest hits kinda guy. A lot of that is down to most of the albums being before my time. 

I love that organic sound of vinyl, haven't heard one in years mind. 

Have you heard of sacd? 

Sreaming sites like Tidal offer better than vinyl or CD quality, I know it's not the same as owning a copy but it is a lot more convenient. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really been big in to rock unless it's a power ballad but Guns N' Roses for me. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...