Rock Albums

Well, I just sat down and listened to Alice Coopers Brutal Planet album, and I think it’s more relevant now than it was back then. This album has to be the epitome of doom metal and so poignant today. I went to see the tour at the NEC when he was double billed with DIO, another of my favourites (RIP Ronnie). 

Edited by Dervburner
?
  • Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy the album's listed but would have to go with Creedence Clearwater Revival the chronicle album 

If I had to take one album to the grave, it would be Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon, on vinyl. 

Wilf was once on stars in their eyes As him 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Well, I just sat down and listened to Alice Coopers Brutal Planet album, and I think it’s more relevant now than it was back then. This album has to be the epitome of doom metal and so poignant today. I went to see the tour at the NEC when he was double billed with DIO, another of my favourites (RIP Ronnie). 

If Plant and page are not involved it will never be a rock album.

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

first time in a few year i`ve not had a jukebox  in the house for me half the fun of having a decent vinyl set up is scouring the car boots charity shops and ebay for  vinyl  got decent hi fi set ups in 2 rooms tbh the whole collecting side of it drives the mrs nuts she likes the sounds its just my collecting  ...   if anyones interested van morrisons on bbc4  just now ? 

I "get it" but I've always been a greatest hits kinda guy. A lot of that is down to most of the albums being before my time. 

I love that organic sound of vinyl, haven't heard one in years mind. 

Have you heard of sacd? 

Sreaming sites like Tidal offer better than vinyl or CD quality, I know it's not the same as owning a copy but it is a lot more convenient. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

I do like rock (and some country) - the best album for me has to be Lies by Guns N Rose's :rocker:

Very closely followed by Appetite for Destruction. 

Spaghetti Incident got a bit of a kicking but, Duff did well on it :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do like rock (and some country) - the best album for me has to be Lies by Guns N Rose's :rocker:

Very closely followed by Appetite for Destruction. 

Spaghetti Incident got a bit of a kicking but, Duff did well on it :yes:

Got stoped and got a bolockin off coppers when I was a teen for blasting out g&r lies, was peddling round village with a geto blaster tied to me bmx handlebars singin/ screaming the immigrants and faggots song?

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, si brown said:

Got stoped and got a bolockin off coppers when I was a teen for blasting out g&r lies, was peddling round village with a geto blaster tied to me bmx handlebars singin/ screaming the immigrants and faggots song?

That was One in a million mate - last song on the album :good:

20200830_230132.jpg

• Like 2